• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Need some advice on a new 30cc 3D plane.

The Jtec is roughly the same dimensions as the stock muffler and an oz or two lighter. It's $99 on their site right now, I bought the standard size.

The 30cc size tends toward being a little underpowered with gas so having that extra 650+ rpm and swinging a bigger prop will making learning 3d way easier.

I'm not the first to mention this, but look for upright harrier in videos you watch. They'll all do knife edge spins and blenders etc...not all of them are stable in upright harrier and that's a fundamental maneuver for learning 3d.

Hey @ThePledge I have a thread on the AJ Laser from 3dRC you should check out. I have Savox 1270's, DA35 w/standard JTec Pitts. The plane flies great! Tracks on rails. Just getting through my break in flights so I haven't done much 3D yet. It puts a smile to my face everytime I take it up. I did have a radio glitch that has put me out for a while... plane is okay, but still trying to confirm the glitch.

Nice, I'll check it out. A guy at our club is putting one together so I'll see one fly soon. Hope you get the glitch sorted out!

Attachments

• IMG_1313.JPG
    IMG_1313.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 343

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks man!

@Snoopy1 here is the link to the 73" Laser Thread: http://giantscalenews.com/threads/aj-laser-230z-73-build-thread.7705/page-21

I noticed you haven't considered a 3DHS 71" Slick either...? That was my first 3D gasser, still love it. I'm anxious to wring out the AJ Laser.... I like how the motor is closer to the C of G on that plane, it can do some great spinning maneuvers. The fuse is taller on the laser and can knife edge with ease. note that the airframe on the laser is larger than most 30cc planes, but not overly large like the EXFl Extra 300EXP (not saying thats a bad thing, just closer to a 50cc IMHO).
anyways! happy choosing!

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@ThePledge thanks for the help and the picture. Will definitely do something about the muffler. An extra 650rpm is free and can always use more power thanks again.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks man!

@Snoopy1 here is the link to the 73" Laser Thread: http://giantscalenews.com/threads/aj-laser-230z-73-build-thread.7705/page-21

I noticed you haven't considered a 3DHS 71" Slick either...? That was my first 3D gasser, still love it. I'm anxious to wring out the AJ Laser.... I like how the motor is closer to the C of G on that plane, it can do some great spinning maneuvers. The fuse is taller on the laser and can knife edge with ease. note that the airframe on the laser is larger than most 30cc planes, but not overly large like the EXFl Extra 300EXP (not saying thats a bad thing, just closer to a 50cc IMHO).
anyways! happy choosing!

Thanks for the link wow missed that one will have to sit down and read it that will be very helpful thanks.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks man!

anyways! happy choosing!

Great thread read it from page 1 to the end. Great work and nice work on the plane looks great hope you figure out your radio problem soon.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
AJ laser is awesome One of the few planes I have had that I would 100% replace if I lost it. Well maybe I would get the bigger one.. :)

Yes we all have that problem always looking at the next size up and convincing our selves that it flys better and we definitely need it. Thanks for the help must say it is on the top of my list and the service from AJ that everyone is talking about is second to nun.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Great thread read it from page 1 to the end. Great work and nice work on the plane looks great hope you figure out your radio problem soon.

Thanks @Snoopy1 I'm pretty nervous to bring her up again. Changed the Rx with a new one, going to add ferrite rings by the Opto Kill and Batt connections. I should put the old receiver in another plane to see if the symptom follows.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks @Snoopy1 I'm pretty nervous to bring her up again. Changed the Rx with a new one, going to add ferrite rings by the Opto Kill and Batt connections. I should put the old receiver in another plane to see if the symptom follows.

I am sure we all have the do not know what or how it happened and every thing at home works perfectly. The only thing that I have done is either steel and old plane from a friend or if I have old 45 glow through everything in it and fly the hell out it for 8 to ten flights and if it's ok stick it back into your pride and joy and fly it. And after you have recovered from the first flight back in you best plane then life is good again. Hope this helps.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
So true! I have a little foam plane I need to put it in... I honestly hope that it goes Tango Uniform. Ironically it would make me feel great if it plummeted into a tree... at least I would know!

Have you narrowed down a 30cc plane yet?