• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Need some advice on a new 30cc 3D plane.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just banged up my 30cc Sundowner pushed to hard on the throttle and pulled to hard on the elevator and snapped it into the ground. Need a new 30cc 3D plane. Have a 33OS GT for it with a standard Pitts muffler that comes with it.
Looking at.
1 AJ Lazer like the plane never owned any of his planes but looks very interesting.
2. The new Pilot Edge V3 with the Hamilton watch scheme. Looks good but there is almost a $200 premium on the plane.
3. My LHS has a Inveza 33 that he can let me have for the same price as the AJ Lazer.
All your input will be appreciated and pros and cons of each plane. Have never owned a 30cc 3D plane so I need help. Do have a Aeroworks Pro 260 but not crazy about it and difficult to do 3D but I am getting there. Teaching and old dog new tricks. This plane will be used to practice and teach my self 3D. Need the best plane for 3D. Thanks for your help.

yakken

100cc
i would suggest a yak or extra. they are a little slower than an edge if your learning.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@pawnshopmike And @yakken thanks for the help. Looked at redwing plane looks good and it is the cheapest out there so far but does it do 3D well please understand not looking for the cheapest but the best flying plane. This will help me learn quicker.

Get an aftermarket pitts muffler, can or pipe for the OS33. The stock muffler kills power.

I got about 650 more rpm switching to a Jtec pitts muffler. Spins a Falcon carbon 20x8 around 7500.

Flying an EF 78 Extra which seems very stable and easy to 3d.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@pawnshopmike thank you for that the plane looks capable to do 3D. Will have look into the plane and see adout it. I am still very interested in the AJ Lazer but nobody has said anything about the plane. One big advantage for me is that it is about a four hour drive to AJ from my place to pick up the plane.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@ThePledge thanks for the info on the engine. would you be kind enough to show me a couple of pictures of the Jtec muffler in the plane. How much was the muffler.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey @Snoopy1 I have a thread on the AJ Laser from 3dRC you should check out. I have Savox 1270's, DA35 w/standard JTec Pitts. The plane flies great! Tracks on rails. Just getting through my break in flights so I haven't done much 3D yet. It puts a smile to my face everytime I take it up. I did have a radio glitch that has put me out for a while... plane is okay, but still trying to confirm the glitch.

Last edited: