• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

My New 3D Extra 300 Prototype For Fly-Model

AKfreak

150cc
I live in Las Vegas. The pane is 78" wingspan (a true measurement) length is 82" to 84". My distributor is in San Diego.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
OK, got it RCjetsworld in SD. Bigger than I was thinking when you described it as a 35cc. Very long in comparison to it's span, interesting design choice there.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
So... decision time... what are you going to power this thing with?

Edit: my vote is for 12s motrofly ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
I have a 12s setup in my other 35cc extra.. It flies well, but I like gas man.. I am thinking a DA-50.. Yep a DA-50 or DA-60. This plane is is bigger than the EF 83 MXS. Its is 78" ws with no tips like the MSX.. If it flys as well as the MXS. I will be so happy!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I would have to agree with 3dnater. I would build per design, work out any bugs and then after you're happy move to a bigger motor if you want to. Just my 2 cents.

AKfreak

150cc
So a power system determines the flying characteristics of the airframe? A spinning disk powered by electrons rather than combustion changes how the flys, stalls, rolls ect...

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
a 50-60cc motor is just not what your target market is likely to choose. IF you want to go gas why not use a da-35 or a vv40. Otherwise where does this plane really fit? A big fuse doesn't necessarily mean it needs a ton more power. I would be a lot more concerned about trying to achieve a light build for initial testing.

I favored an electric power system just because you can confidently huck the plane without any delay once it is built.

Put a 50cc gasser in there and I feel you are really disconnecting with your target market.

3dbandit

100cc
Also, putting a 50-60cc motor in there means you will need bigger servos with the added thrust.

My advice, build it light and keep the price down. It seems that was the whole point of the project.