• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

My New 3D Extra 300 Prototype For Fly-Model

AKfreak

150cc
My New 3D Extra 300 Prototype For Fly-Model

14000513803_3218d0880a.jpg

Hey guys, for the last few months I have been spending a ton of time learning and speaking to many of the top pilots in the world about what makes a great 3D plane. I am proud to announce that I am lucky enough to be working with a factory in China called, "Fly-Model ". Who is giving me the opportunity to bring my visions of what makes a great 3D plane into a reality.

First off, one of the challenges is communication. Since I do not speak Chinese, I am working with someone who does. However this person is kind of new to all of this 3D/RC plane stuff, so I am offering an education as we progress.

The great news is, I just got an email asking for clarifications on some final design elements so they can start to build the first prototype. This is what was said to me, "Please try to clarify the above questions when you have time. After those are clear, the factory should be ready to make the prototype."

I cant tell you how exciting this is, so what I want to do is share my journey with you first hand. Now I cant do into all of the specifics just yet, but know this. My plane has elements that I have ever seen on any air plane RC or not.

Just a side note

I had some ground rules before I agreed to share any of my designs. First off the plane had to be 100% our own design. Second, the distributors in the USA have to stock spare parts and offer pre and post sale customer support. Third the models have to be affordable. Fourth, the models have to be thoroughly tested and proven in the 3D community before release anything to the public. Lastly, I made it clear that I didn't want to be involved with any company that has predatory business practices.

The good news is they agreed, and looking into what they are already doing as a company, I was pleased to find that I didn't see any red flags.

I am reserving some space here to share the journey right here in 3DRCforums.