Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

my lawn darts!!!

Discussion in 'R.I.P. (Rest In Pieces) Ol' Plank.' started by orthobird, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Do-rag

Do-rag 100cc

While technically not a lawn dart this is all that was left of the LT40 after a 35% carden Cap flew through it. Sad part was I had just put it together for my step daughter. [​IMG]

8425=3095-lt40crashparts2.jpg[​IMG]

2. sparkx38

sparkx38 50cc

3. Well, it happens! LOL

4. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

These are the remains of my first gasser, an Aeroworks 50cc Yak 54. This is what happens when your ambition overpowers your skill with a snap happy airplane. Considering it hit nearly vertical under power it held up pretty well.

If you look closely at the rudder, you can see it was doomed to fail, it was just a matter of time.:smile-new:

8954=3187-PicsArt_1408626995777.jpg[​IMG]

5. Do-rag

Do-rag 100cc

Is it possible that this plane saw the future and committed suicide because of what was attached to it's rudder.

6. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Yes, and from now on that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

7. Revy

Revy 30cc

My "good one" LOL

My first...and last...35% Comp ARF Edge. Got two and a half good flights until...

13387=7258-IMG_0165b.JPG][​IMG]

13387=7259-IMG_0175.JPG][​IMG]

I'll stick to pieces of plank now. :p

8. -Rick-

-Rick- 70cc twin V2

Nice looking plane in the "before" pic!!

9. Supreme6

Supreme6 30cc

Beautiful plane, what happend? I have been thinking of a composite.

10. Revy

Revy 30cc

Yup, I won't lie, it hurt not only the pocket book but the ego. Froze my flying for a while with self doubt. I do feel it was an issue with the fuse at the the base of the vertical stab. Snapped twice in level flight at a descent speed, nosed it in. Tried to discuss it with Comp ARF...they chose not to engage a possible issue with that custom job. As for another composite....maybe someday. :rolleyes: