• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

MVVS 175 with 3 and 2 blades

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Hi guys

I've got a new experimental prop from Mejzlik
It's a 29.5-13.5Q.
Although the 29-13.5Q was turning at 6330 rpm static we thought that maybe .5" will load the engine just a little to make it even more quite yet very throttle responsive and powerful like the stocked one.

Like I've said before the 29-13.5Q is a very efficient prop and very quite but we might want it to be even more.
Stay tuned friends.

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
OK.
Got the tach info and everything else.

Here is the report.

Temperature: 30- 33 C
Pressure(hPa): 1009-1007 mb
Humidity: 14-11%
Hour of the day: 0900-1300

With the regular 29-13.5 I've got 6400-6500 rpm.
Very strong pool the engine is working awesome a little bit hot very agile and crisp.
Throttle management is a making the plane little bit jumpy on hovers and torque rolls.
Instant power.
Temperature measurements after the flight after 4 minutes freestyle 125 degrees.

With the new design prop.
I don't know what you did but it's even better. 6200-6300rpm.
All the benefits I've got with the regular prop are being kept but with extra mind to the engine hit...it run 10 degrees cooler then the regular 29-13.5.
After a 4 minutes freestyle temperature measured 115 degrees.
I use telemetry with the engine hit so it's a real time data all the time.
Throttle is smoother and more linear.
Less noise and no ripping at all !
It stays in the above 6000 rpm threshold we've talked about.

I then did a hover and some 3D and measured the engine at 129 degrees but it was a full 3.5 minutes of slow mo 3D stuff with a very long hover.

Pure awesomeness

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
BTW.
This prop is just a faze toward the next generation prop which is a 30-13.5Q.
The whole idea is not to go lower then 6000 rpm.
That's the golden rpm to be between 6000-6100 so it will give an answer for a wide verity of different engines.