• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Moving to High Voltage

Patroller

70cc twin V2
Based on my research on the subject, the 7955 is has the exact same electronics as the 7954. The only difference is the titanium gears on the 7955. You can see evidence of this with identical speed and torque ratings at same voltages. It was released before the other HV servos in the 79xx line, and is probably why they did not spec it as HV. The safety of running this servo at HV has been confirmed by others over at RC universe or RC groups (?) years ago with the Hitec reps. I have been using them in my 78" EF extra for for two seasons of flying.

There was a change in this servo years ago. The older ones reportedly did not suffer some of the glitching that the later servos have had. It took a few years but Hitec modified the firmware in the servo and most peoples problems went away. Decent servo for the price.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well all I can say Dave, is I stand corrected. I still think I should try the 3s on my new 7950's. If they are rated at nearly 500 oz. on 7.4, Imagine what they would be at 11.1. HEE HEE......

Patroller

70cc twin V2
Given enough speed and torque, I wonder if you could "flap" the ailerons for forward motion in the event of a dead stick?

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
stangflyer;19645 wrote: Well that makes all the info on Hitec's website pretty much useless now doesn't it? LOL..... Maybe I can run 3s on my new 7950's????? Hee hee

Not sure give it a try, report back to us, let us know what color the smoke was you get.