Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Moki 250cc 40% Sukhoi SU-31

Discussion in 'R/C Videos and Pictures' started by dominicm, Aug 23, 2018.

1. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Truth is, I looked at the 150 last night. It's really not that bad of a price. The more and more I think of it, the more I am convinced that I really want to have one up front pulling that Mustang around. Especially if I can get my hands on a prop reduction Drive. To make this mustang a fully scale size, it needs to have about a 33 inch prop. It does not look like that will be much of a problem for the reduction Drive. Simply reduce the pitch a degree or two and add it to diameter.

WMcNabb, Jetpainter and Snoopy1 like this.
  2. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    I do believe it is 96 inch. I thought of selling it a time or two, even listed it for a day. But I had wanted one for quite some time when this kit came along and I know with every fiber of my being I would seriously regret letting it go. Had a few smaller ARF versions over the years but never a good sized one. I will get to it one day!!!

Jetpainter and Snoopy1 like this.
  3. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    If I am not mistaken Kolm build a reduction drive for it if they do not my bet is on Tony Clark he deals with Kolm and he will be able to help you out.
    https://www.toni-clark.com/index_en.htm

Jetpainter and pawnshopmike like this.
  4. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    You may run into a space problem with a gear reduction system on a Mustang. I can not find a recommended prop size for the Kolm but keep in mind the four strokes have much more torque than a two stroke and turn a larger prop because of it. The Kolm being a 150 is comparable to my 170, I say that due to the added cylinder, of which I turn a 32x12x3 prop. But if a lower pitch was used the diameter could be enlarged. Toni Clark deals with these engines quite a bit and does not mind a phone call as I have spoke with him numerous times, I highly recommend calling him..

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  5. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    And if you have not seen this one, start drooling now!!

6. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Omg!!! You guys need to quit already. You're all forcing me into the Kolm arent you? Ouch...owe...oh ouch. (Arm being twisted behind back...lol)

7. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Wouldn't think of it.

8. dhal22

I like this. A lot.

Snoopy1, stangflyer, acerc and 2 others like this.
  9. dhal22

And this.

10. dhal22