• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D MOJO 65 w/20cc Build

BalsaDust

In this size most deff put them too and bottom. 40 size and smaller you can get away with just one side but it's worth it to me to still do it on both sides.

caf2461

50cc
Thanks. Got 'em on the bottom. Top too?

Mine has no sheeting on stab and no tri stock on top or bottom. Has not been a problem yet. If you do not want to spoil your covering pattern you may be ok just on bottom depends on construction and how you fly.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
I see the MOJO 65 kits had solid stab center section. I wonder if building that like the elevator would have been too weak? Seems like that would greatly lighten the tail end and you see other slabs build open. I noticed the solid piece used on mine was heavy.

Alky6

150cc
I see the MOJO 65 kits had solid stab center section. I wonder if building that like the elevator would have been too weak? Seems like that would greatly lighten the tail end and you see other slabs build open. I noticed the solid piece used on mine was heavy.
I would think that you would still need the solid piece in the center for shear and attaching to the fuse?

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
I was flying my MOJO last weekend and noticed a miss on the RCGF 26cc engine that kept getting worse. I landed the plane and inspected and noticed the spark plug cap was loose almost to the point of falling off. It looks as if the silicone inside the cap was worn so bad that it doesn't even hold now. This engine probably has 50-60 (guesstimate) flights and many of them were extremely aggressive flights.

My buddy checked his and it is still tight, but he has not flown his much at all. What we both noticed was that the spark plug caps do not fit tight like the DLE caps do. This looks like a weak area on this ignition unit. I ordered two DLE caps and installed the cap and it should be good now. This is the first time I have ever had to replace one of my spark plug caps on any of my ignitions, however I do keep this plane nailed to the wall while flying for the most part.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I was flying my MOJO last weekend and noticed a miss on the RCGF 26cc engine that kept getting worse. I landed the plane and inspected and noticed the spark plug cap was loose almost to the point of falling off. It looks as if the silicone inside the cap was worn so bad that it doesn't even hold now. This engine probably has 50-60 (guesstimate) flights and many of them were extremely aggressive flights.

My buddy checked his and it is still tight, but he has not flown his much at all. What we both noticed was that the spark plug caps do not fit tight like the DLE caps do. This looks like a weak area on this ignition unit. I ordered two DLE caps and installed the cap and it should be good now. This is the first time I have ever had to replace one of my spark plug caps on any of my ignitions, however I do keep this plane nailed to the wall while flying for the most part.

You nailed it. Fit issue.

The RCGF plug caps are a few hundredths larger inside diameter at the insulator than the RcExel /DLE plug caps. Or at least the two examples I have on hand. Here is what I measured......

RCGF- .64"
RcExel- .57"

0914171348-00.jpg 0914171352-00.jpg 0914171353-00.jpg