• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D MOJO 65 w/20cc Build

Alky6

150cc
What and how would you connect the carbon.
Snoopy: I am looking to use prepreg and aramid core panels. I have several 4'x10' sheets of 11/16" and 3/8" e-glass and a couple 4x8 of 1/2" carbon panels. I used them to build my race boats back in the day. Essentially, I am looking to replace the entire fuse with the prepreg panel.

IMG_0444.JPG

The panels are below these are the e-glass panels. Also have some with aluminum skins. The carbon is about half the density of the e glasss. 11/16" thickness are about 10 oz. per sq ft. Think it would be really easy to cut out the profile, cut holes for wing tube, engine, etc. and paint. Something to play with.

IMG_4214.JPG
IMG_4215.JPG

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
That is interesting, if you ever do use one of those panels it be very interested to follow you and learn how to work with it.
The reason I asked how do you connect carbon tubing is that I was under the impression that you were building a profile plane from carbon rods instead of balsa sticks. I tried it once to make fuselage out of carbon rods. It did not work, very light and very ridged but could not get the connections to hold. The plane literally disassembled it self in one flight.
One question on the Acad drawing why have you not pulled the Eglass tube all the way through to the motor mount.

BalsaDust

That whole center section is the motor mount. It will be a 1/4" balsa core and two 1/4" x 3/8" hardwood rails then its sheeted on both sides with 1/16" birch ply. Once laminated it's incredibly strong.