• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D MOJO 65 w/20cc Build

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Right wing is complete (except for hinging and finishing the black trim stripe on the aileron). Left wing needs the aileron covered and the trip piece on the wing tip. Can't say enough about laying the stuff up on glass first.

View attachment 97733 View attachment 97734
Nice work! My buddy got his almost completed, just have to install the engine now. Once he saw mine fly with the RCGF 26cc he opted for the same engine.

Attachments

• bmojo.JPG
    bmojo.JPG
    349.7 KB · Views: 228

Alky6

150cc
Nice work! My buddy got his almost completed, just have to install the engine now. Once he saw mine fly with the RCGF 26cc he opted for the same engine.
Well, if mine doesn't have the ummpfff I am looking for, may go the same route. How is the RCGF holding up? No problems?

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Well, if mine doesn't have the ummpfff I am looking for, may go the same route. How is the RCGF holding up? No problems?
I am guessing right now I have about 25-30 flights on it so far and it has performed flawlessly, but the last time I flew it, it was missing in the mid-range area.

It sounded so much like an ignition miss instead of an adjustment miss. It was very notable but erratic. I did not really do anything with it since then, but plan to check it out this weekend and see if it still misses. I have had engines do weird things on one outing and the next time I go out, works fine, so I don't want to jump the gun yet.

I will check the basic stuff, like connectors, spark plug and make sure that is all good. Probably check carb adjustment too because I have not touched it and it is starting to get seated in now. For the money and for my use, this is an impressive little engine.

Alky6

150cc
I am guessing right now I have about 25-30 flights on it so far and it has performed flawlessly, but the last time I flew it, it was missing in the mid-range area.

It sounded so much like an ignition miss instead of an adjustment miss. It was very notable but erratic. I did not really do anything with it since then, but plan to check it out this weekend and see if it still misses. I have had engines do weird things on one outing and the next time I go out, works fine, so I don't want to jump the gun yet.

I will check the basic stuff, like connectors, spark plug and make sure that is all good. Probably check carb adjustment too because I have not touched it and it is starting to get seated in now. For the money and for my use, this is an impressive little engine.

Hope you get it sorted out. Always agrivating fighting gremlins.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
So here is an update on the VV RCGF 26cc gas engine miss. This is unreal and several guys at the field were amazed at what was going on. So the only thing I had done to the plane before my last outing was put a small plastic extension on the exhaust down pipe to get some of the blather off the wings and fuse of the plane.

It is worse than glow and takes me quite some time to clean it up. Throws crap all over the fuse and really a mess on the right wing. I am sure the 3D tumbles and hovers just blow the junk everywhere. My thought was with the exhaust extension it would be a bit easier for me to clean which it did help big time.

The craziness of this was that I took the extension off just before flying Sunday evening and the engine miss quits and the runs like a clock! I know - it makes absolutely no sense at all. I have run these extensions before and never saw any major change like this, but when it is on this engine it starts a bad mid-range miss that sounds exactly like a bad plug or failing ignition unit. I could understand it if the extension was extremely long slightly affecting engine performance.

I guess I can play with the lengths of the plastic pipe now and see if that helps. :D

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey @Luchnia,

I believe you. I have an old OS60 Gold Head on a Kaos and my experience is almost exactly the same as yours. Put one of those rubber extensions on the muffler and the engine started running like crap. As soon as I take it off, the engine runs like an OS should. . . . . . :big_yes: