• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Mini lathe (and mill) discussion.

Spent the day on the carriage. Still lots to do.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_7198.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7198.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 69
  • thumbnail_IMG_7200.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7200.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 62
  • thumbnail_IMG_7204.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7204.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 59
  • thumbnail_IMG_7205.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7205.jpg
    530.3 KB · Views: 56
New addition to the shop! I was given a 3D printer that needed some repairs. I've got it up and running. I will need some help with free CAD programs and learning the language.

Attachments

• IMG_7281.jpg
    IMG_7281.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 65

BalsaDust

New addition to the shop! I was given a 3D printer that needed some repairs. I've got it up and running. I will need some help with free CAD programs and learning the language.
I can't speak highly enough about Fusion 360 for a 3D modeling software. There is a free version for personal use. I think it has some features removed but should have everything you would ever need for making parts for RC airplanes.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 47
I can't speak highly enough about Fusion 360 for a 3D modeling software. There is a free version for personal use. I think it has some features removed but should have everything you would ever need for making parts for RC airplanes.
Thanks!! I will take a look at Fusion 360.