Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  2. Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

LOVE'N DESERT AIRCRAFT!!!

Discussion in 'Desert Aircraft' started by Pistolera, Feb 6, 2015.

1. jamesrxx951

jamesrxx951 100cc

Cant go wrong with a DA120. Maybe not the strongest engine on the block now but they sure do hold up. Welllllllllll unless you have a tree grab your plane.

49dimes and Robotech like this.
  2. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

I've never felt my DA120 has lacked power and it's an older V1. Certainly it's no rocket ship but it does pull the airplane right up on out if I need it to.

3. Mine is #21**. Doesn't matter. I may decide to sell it for some cash to keep my roof over my head.

4. camss69

camss69 70cc twin V2

Luv me some DA!

49dimes and jordyk81 like this.
  5. Phil.Griffin

Phil.Griffin 70cc twin V2

My 70 is serial # 70. What's the odds ?

49dimes and thurmma like this.
  6. camss69

camss69 70cc twin V2

I bought my 120 used, it's a low number, I think in the 200's. It was out of warranty when I bought it but based on my previous DA service experiences I bought it anyway confident they would take care of me if something came up. Knock on wood the engine has been AWESOME. I can't see myself buying any other brand used unless I knew the history of the specific engine. I've had a few DA's, a 60, an 85, 2 - 100's, a 170 and a 120. I've had to send a couple in, sometimes no charge other than shipping to them, and sometimes just parts. I've never paid a labor charge. I had one of the first few 85's and had seversl problems with it. Shipped it back 3 times and finally asked what they could do for me. They gave me full credit towards another engine of my choice! I was really happy when my brand new 100L showed up. You can't do any better than that if you ask me.

49dimes and Phil.Griffin like this.
  7. Phil.Griffin

Yeah. IMO buying DA is a pretty much worry free endeavor. I've bought a bunch, and sold a few. Typically what I'll do is ship any engine I'm wanting to sell to Desert Aircraft for a check up. If it needs anything I have it fixed. Then it goes directly from DA to the new owner. Totally stress and risk free for the new owner, who may or may not know me...

49dimes likes this.
  8. jamesrxx951

jamesrxx951 100cc

Actually I just got a call from DA. I sent in my 170 that is 6 months old and my 150 in that is under 3 years old. The 170 had some play in the carb shaft and the 150 had a leaking front bearing. It seems I was charged for the repairs. The bearings were 'wear" items and so was the carb shaft. With shipping I am looking at $100.00. Rather surprised to say the least. But they are going up forsale when they come back so I guess they will be good to go. Thus why I sent them in.

Phil.Griffin likes this.
  9. Phil.Griffin

James, how's the transition on the 170's these days?

10. jamesrxx951

jamesrxx951 100cc

Tuned right very good. I was using the 170 on both planebender smooth pipes and JTech HP90 (forsale here on GSN) and transition was great. If the tuning is good, no issues at all. Will idle all day and still transition.

camss69 and Phil.Griffin like this.