• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

long long downlines!! what about fuel clunks in the tank???

Tygon and a B&B clunk...

Tygon is replaced once a year....

I have seen someone get a dead stick.... on an upline... seems the clunk fell to the front of the tank on a downline... and stayed there.

our downlines will never be long enough to run out of fuel

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
For me it never happened during a sequence downline, but on an extended descent from a higher altitude for landing. Timer went off while at the top of a sequence, etc.

Of course, what do I know....I'm only a 15cc NOOB :upset:

Pistolera;18155 wrote: I think you will find that with a heavy clunk such as the one in the pic and the flexibility of Viton tubing that the clunk will always find its way to the fuel. Again....a brass tube OR plastic straw WILL keep the clunk towards the rear of the tank....so when you are less than 1/2-2/3 full and are on an extended downline, or descent the fuel will be forward and the clunk will be in air.

great news!!!

flew her three times today and problem is solved!! thanks Earle!!! worked out great!!!

did the iMac sequence 3 times, and not once did it hiccup!!!

,my advice from now on, for everyone, do not set up a PSP tank with the brass tube. use a Viton tube from the clunk to the PSP cap.

Pistolera;19902 wrote: Glad to hear! Now go get some IMAC practice in for next year's new knowns :dancing-poop:

i have two more contests; Sherman Texas this weekend, and next month is in Fort Worth, Texas!!

orthobird said
Pistolera;18155 wrote: I think you will find that with a heavy clunk such as the one in the pic and the flexibility of Viton tubing that the clunk will always find its way to the fuel. Again....a brass tube OR plastic straw WILL keep the clunk towards the rear of the tank....so when you are less than 1/2-2/3 full and are on an extended downline, or descent the fuel will be forward and the clunk will be in air.

great news!!!
flew her three times today and problem is solved!! thanks Earle!!! worked out great!!!
did the iMac sequence 3 times, and not once did it hiccup!!!
,my advice from now on, for everyone, do not set up a PSP tank with the brass tube. use a Viton tube from the clunk to the PSP cap.
Cam, what part numbers, size etc for the tubing and felt clunk and where did you purchase them?

hello Bobby,

the fuel tubing is from McMaster Carr.  there is a huge list, so when i get home from work, i will find you the part number.  the felt clunk has worked great.  this past weekend and week before, while i was practicing, my DA 170 has not had a single hiccup during practice and the competition.  the Felt clunk solved the problem.  the clunk, i obtained from Taildragger RC website.

once i get home, i will also get you that part number and the link to the websites.