• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Let's see your full-scale airplane!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Thanks....it was also the only polished aluminum airplane I've ever owned. Pretty but a real PITA.

I'll bet that trip was one heck of an adventure :)

WMcNabb

150cc
Most, if not all, of our hobbies have to do with the great people we meet. I had the honor of flying with an extremely talented instructor and true gentleman in his S-2A. In fact he even introduced me to my future bride.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Patto

70cc twin V2
Well, tomorrow is the big day. I'm going to be traveling to California to take possession of a 1974 Mooney M20c. I have to get some dual time in it before I can go solo, so I'm going to meet up with an instructor Sunday morning, put in a few hours, then fly back home Sunday afternoon. That is, assuming the weather cooperates...

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Neither have I. Just lucky enough to be able to fly them and help maintain them.
I've bailed a guy out that was building a cowl for a Lil' Toot project years ago. I think it was the heaviest cowl on the planet when he got done with his part. He had it so wadded up with filler it was scary. I took most of it out and then painted it and the wheel pants for him. The plane was in the P6E scheme and looked pretty cool.

I had a chance about 20 years ago to be involved in a project that several guys in the local EAA chapter were working on. They were building 5 SE5's. The guy that had the shop next to my body shop, Al, was one of the main drivers of the project. I used to go by this house and watch him work on his. One night while I was there he offered me a deal. One of the guys involved had the money for his project, but not the skill. I could have half ownership in the guys SE5 if I took over the build. Very tempting, but at the same time kind of scary. Al offered me any help I needed, and he had already built a really nice Skybolt and had been building and working on airplanes for decades. The fuse and the wings, were already built, but there was still tons of work ahead. Needless to say I wimped out.:(

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Most, if not all, of our hobbies have to do with the great people we meet. I had the honor of flying with an extremely talented instructor and true gentleman in his S-2A. In fact he even introduced me to my future bride.

View attachment 82522 View attachment 82522
Amen to that! Have met some fantastic people in aviation and now in IMAC. That pretty gal with me in the photo with my Pitts was introduced to me by another buddy.....:cheers:
DSC00089 LR.jpg