• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Let's see your full-scale airplane!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
1970 - it had the 200hp fuel injected 360 motor with constant speed prop.
That was a GREAT engine...still is as far as I know. The aerobatic version of it took me thru unlimited in my Pitts S1-T. This pic was taken in 1989 at a contest in Covington, TN.....first date with my soon to be bride (going on 27 years this Aug!).
Pat & Me Covington, TN 1989.jpg

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
What a beautiful classic Pitts, did you build it? Congratulations on your 27 years together, that kind of a relationship is getting harder & harder to find these days.
Larry B
Thanks Larry....she was a keeper!:fist_pump:

I didn't build the Pitts....it was a factory built S1-T, built in the Pitts factory in 1982. My Dad bought it new and I bought it from him in 1985. Had a great time competing in IAC and met some fantastic people. Very similar to my IMAC experiences today.

It was a real treat to fly. Very light and balanced on the control forces and built like....well....a Pitts! Strong and light. Mine weighed about 850# dry.....no electrical system, no starter, etc. I had a removable tray with a motorcycle battery to power my Loran for cross-country nav. Pulled that out at the contest or airshow. Smoke tank in the center section of the top wing doubled as an aux fuel tank on long trips.

Patto

70cc twin V2
For some reason I did not get any notifications that there were replies after the first couple. GUYS! Your aircraft are AWESOME!

I'm looking at picking up my new airplane this coming Saturday. I'll have to put in 5 hours of dual Sunday morning for insurance, then I'll fly it to its home airport at EUG from Oakdale, CA. I've only flown a little over an hour as PIC in the past ten years, but I recently became motivated to get back into flying and get my instrument rating.

Things have changed a lot since I last owned an airplane. You can use your iPad now for sectional charts! WHAT?! Yes, I'm behind the times...

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
For some reason I did not get any notifications that there were replies after the first couple. GUYS! Your aircraft are AWESOME!

I'm looking at picking up my new airplane this coming Saturday. I'll have to put in 5 hours of dual Sunday morning for insurance, then I'll fly it to its home airport at EUG from Oakdale, CA. I've only flown a little over an hour as PIC in the past ten years, but I recently became motivated to get back into flying and get my instrument rating.

Things have changed a lot since I last owned an airplane. You can use your iPad now for sectional charts! WHAT?! Yes, I'm behind the times...
well, what did you end up buying????

i met with a local flying club yesterday, not too expensive to join and they have a C182RG and a 172SP so that ought to keep me busy for a while. i'm also going to get checked out again in a Cub over at Van Sant Airport.....cannot wait to be solo again in a Cub this summer with the door and window open!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Van Sant is a really neat airport. Would love to fly some RC there, but I don't believe any clubs hold events there.

Speaking of doors and windows open....we used to own this '46 Luscombe 8A/E, and would take the doors off on hot summer evenings!
View attachment 82206
I didn't know Luscombes could be flown with the doors off, was there anything to doing that or did you just pop them off and go flying?

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
2 hinge-pins (bolts) per door and voila! It was amazing how non-turbulent the cockpit was, until you side-slipped....then ya better have your hat in your hand! :p

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Van Sant is a really neat airport. Would love to fly some RC there, but I don't believe any clubs hold events there.

Speaking of doors and windows open....we used to own this '46 Luscombe 8A/E, and would take the doors off on hot summer evenings!
View attachment 82206
That's beautiful!

I have a friend with a 47 Luscombe L8A He moved from the St. Louis area to Bakersfield in 09. He said flying it there was interesting trip.;)