• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Krill 39% Ultimate 300KS Assembly And Paint

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Last night I glued pieces of hardwood dowel in each end of the stab tube. Tonight I drilled and tapped holes for the bolts that hold the stab on. I'm not sure that these bolts are going to stay, or if I'm going to change them to a countersunk like I did on the canopy.

20181106_221158_resized.jpg
20181106_221238_resized.jpg
20181106_221213_resized.jpg
20181106_220833_resized.jpg
20181106_220827_resized.jpg

BalsaDust

Looks nice but I have never understood manufactures doing wing or stab bolts like that. As much as is spent on a plane like this to me it could be done better. So my vote is to countersink them.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Can not believe that they use that method to hold the stabilizer on. I really dislike it. The stabilizer is not held tight against the fuselage and therefore can move around.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
In my opinion guys that is one of the best methods for securing tail feathers and wings. All my builds, not ARF's, are done that way.

In my opinion guys that is one of the best methods for securing tail feathers and wings. All my builds, not ARF's, are done that way.
Dude, that’s how every Comp Arf I’ve ever setup has the tail feathers locked in. Had one of those screws come off on final, the whole tail wing on the right side Aimed down, and down the plane went, right into the ground, was a great flight until that happened. Lesson learned, I now cover those screws with a patch of clear 3M vinyl tape, so it only comes off after I remove the tape.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Dude, that’s how every Comp Arf I’ve ever setup has the tail feathers locked in. Had one of those screws come off on final, the whole tail wing on the right side Aimed down, and down the plane went, right into the ground, was a great flight until that happened. Lesson learned, I now cover those screws with a patch of clear 3M vinyl tape, so it only comes off after I remove the tape.
Cheap insurance right there. Good tip.