• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Krill 39% Ultimate 300KS Assembly And Paint

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Now you should of known that was sarcasm. Yea, thirty minutes every time an ARF goes to the field to iron it back out. Or once a year to give the Stits a good cleaning. About the only thing I wipe down through the year is the prop and leading edge of the wings, they get dirtier with dust. Unless it is love bug season that's a different story.
@acerc yes you are correct the most cleaning I do during the summer is cleaning bugs of the leading edge and the propeller.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Well despite my best efforts the rudder actually fits! It has about 45 degrees of travel just like the elevators so that worked out okay.

20181101_205235_resized.jpg
20181101_205307_resized.jpg

Before I quit last night, I started prepping one of the stabs for it's servo. I had to cut out a ply brace over the servo hole. I put a jig saw blade in a knife handle. It worked well.

20181101_210303_resized.jpg
20181101_210311_resized.jpg
20181101_213452_resized.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well despite my best efforts the rudder actually fits! It has about 45 degrees of travel just like the elevators so that worked out okay.

View attachment 106569 View attachment 106570

Before I quit last night, I started prepping one of the stabs for it's servo. I had to cut out a ply brace over the servo hole. I put a jig saw blade in a knife handle. It worked well.

View attachment 106571 View attachment 106572 View attachment 106573
Good idea on the saw blade. The rudder looks perfect. Looking at the photos the plane looks like it is well built. Is the rudder not missing some stripping.

Last edited:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Good idea on the saw blade. The rudder oooks perfect. Looking at the photos the plane looks like it is well built. Is the rudder not missing some stripping.
Believe it or not that us the way it's supposed to look. It is missing the letter U from one side and E from the other, and the stripes don't line up and they're not straight, but none are missing. That is a result of being a replacement fuselage. The plan is still to repaint it.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
saw
Well despite my best efforts the rudder actually fits! It has about 45 degrees of travel just like the elevators so that worked out okay. Before I quit last night, I started prepping one of the stabs for it's servo. I had to cut out a ply brace over the servo hole. I put a jig saw blade in a knife handle. It worked well.
I have one of the Excel saws with only one blade left but have a box full of jig saw blades. Great idea or tip!!! Thanks!!!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I've been working on one of the elevators, test mounting the servo and checking to see if the recommended servo arms and turnbuckles we have are correct. It turns out they're both wrong. I'm getting the maximum throw in the 1 1/4" hole of a 1 1/2" arm, and I need a 1 1/2" turnbuckle, not a 2".

Turning the servo around would solve the turnbuckle length, but the slot would be wrong. Some of the slot was precut so it was obvious which way they wanted the servo. Plus I have Krill pictures that show it this way.

Hopefully the throw is good enough.

20181102_221208_resized.jpg
20181102_221216_resized.jpg
20181103_212408_resized.jpg
20181103_221946_resized.jpg