• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC/ Radiowave 3.1m competition series

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
I tried this method without using heat and it failed miserably. In my case heat was definitely needed.

Did you use this on Monokote or Ultracoat. I believe it only works with monokote and real windex. I do use a little heat after it dries.

Al

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
I was told there wasn't near enough " bling" for hardware on the servo- control horns lol. So here we are with secraft anodized cupped washers everywhere, dubro monster ball links, and titanium bolts in place of steel and aluminum.
You were right dave, looks even better and definatley stronger.
Also a cool toy, electrodynamics servociser. Lets you find center and opposite ends of throw without going through hooking up your reciever and all.
Using a Advanced Radio / booma intellimatch box for both wings. JR 3 matched points, futaba radio 7 servo match points... AR system.. matches servoes at every single degree. Wow, talk about resolution and quiet servoes, once the end points of first servo are set , its a one button operation , Plus one unit does both wings, one unit does rudder and elevator.I can run the whole plane on an 8 channel DX8 . And less than the cost of the matchboxes. Good stuff.

Attachments

• 20141113_220741.jpg
    20141113_220741.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 192
  • 20141113_222939.jpg
    20141113_222939.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 218

IMAC FANATIC

Never a hijack Al, all things Jtec welcome here. Dig the plane, the lines. Colors are kinda umm ,bold , but it shows well in a video on the phone even. How much will these kits be? how does it compare to the CS in flight?
And.. still doing the chipmunk ?

Btw.. you zeroed the hammer @ 1:39 lol.

Last edited:

IMAC FANATIC

Both wings done and in the bags! Start on fuse/ rudder tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20141116_162931.jpg
    20141116_162931.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 216

IMAC FANATIC

Probably old hat to most but.. ive never done this.
Trim solvent to attach aileron, elevator sealing to hinge gap, probably didn't need it but, someone will ask why I didnt seal the hinges so here it is.
Lay material ( monokote) in gap with control surfaces taped wide open/ full deflection and used a 1/8 aluminum dowel to hold it down to hinge line, fold monokote towards you, apply trim solvent with q tip, wipe clean with cotton balls, let dry, hit the edges to LE/TE with heat tool/ trim iron, cut to flush with uber handy dbl edge razor glued to balsa scrap and done! 20 minutes per side not 2 hours, and quiet ! No crinkle sound from heated monokote to spoil the hum of digital servoes. Very happy.

Attachments

• 20141114_235602.jpg
    20141114_235602.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 20141114_235616.jpg
    20141114_235616.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Very nicely done Brian. When I sealed the hinge lines on my 260 and the new Suk, I painstakingly used covering as you have, but did it with all control surfaces deflected to their maximum throws. Layed in the covering, then using the trim tool to heat it into place, sealed both top and bottom. They did come out looking amazing. No crinkle and no wrinkles. But as you mentioned, plenty of time involved in getting it right. I do like your method. May give it a shot on the next project.