• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Speaking of building. I have put off far too long at getting around to starting the build on my 112" Don Smith Mustang. Maybe now that the Pitts is done and I can actually see that I can still build a flyable plane, maybe it is time to get started on it huh? Still have not decided on the engine I want for it though. As much as I really really, "REALLY" want a four cylinder Kolm up front, I have had such great success with all my Dubs. I may lean towards the 110cs inline twin for it. Anyway, that is what is on the slate for future builds first.
That would be a cool build!

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Speaking of building. I have put off far too long at getting around to starting the build on my 112" Don Smith Mustang. Maybe now that the Pitts is done and I can actually see that I can still build a flyable plane, maybe it is time to get started on it huh? Still have not decided on the engine I want for it though. As much as I really really, "REALLY" want a four cylinder Kolm up front, I have had such great success with all my Dubs. I may lean towards the 110cs inline twin for it. Anyway, that is what is on the slate for future builds first.

Wacobipe

100cc
You are so right. I feel my biggest apprehension was all the many hours building and setting up and painting. For about two hours after the maiden, I kept catching myself silently saying, "how about that"?! And smiling the whole time. And giggling to myself. I have to wonder if strangers passing by pondered my sanity and maybe even questioned if I am a bit "touched"! Well yes I am, thank you very much. It has been an awesome and complete RC day. Thank you Doug...for everything. I've zero doubts your scratch build will be every bit of majestic. I'll be keeping tabs on your thread.
This is what keeps me building....no ARF can ever deliver that satisfaction! Now get crackin' on that Mustang!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Geez, I thought I was impatient. . . . . . . :laughing:
No kidding right? Actually I will be saving this one, (the Stang) for my winter build. To do it the way I want, I expect it to be at least a year long build. Probably more as I plan to frame, glass then paint the entire airframe. In the meantime however, my friend asked me to do the build and covering on his 35% Velox. So in between working, flying and what not I will get this knocked out hopefully before Tri-Cities.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Rob,

What do you know about the Velox? It is a plane I know very little about. I have only seen one 60 size ARF back when I first began flying in +/- 2004 and I think 3W made or makes a monster scale (and priced) version.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Definitely will need to get a thread going for the stang when you get back to it. I enjoy following your builds :)

I'm not even done and I've already started collecting stuff for the next build, it isn't anywhere near the undertaking your Mustang will be though!