• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Thank you everyone for your input and suggestions. Although they may be ok, I really just don't feel comfortable with the HD arms. I've just got way too much vested into this build to be taking any kind of risks. Even the smallest is too large to me. I'm going to use aluminum arms.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I have the HD arms on all of my planes, up to $10K models, never had an issue. If there is ever a problem in the circuit I would rather the HD's break than the control surface. But so far, in at least the last ten years, the only one that has broke was a rudder arm when I smacked into a door.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey everyone. Sorry I've not updated the Pitts thread for a few days. Still more snow than what we need but at least it's let up enough we can work again. So my time has been somewhat limited.

I finally got the aileron servos installed and pretty much tuned in. Final tuning will be done after all horns are installed and linkages connected. I did get one wing completely done though. With the double horn epoxied in, I connected the linkage and what do you know? Other than about half of a turn on the turnbuckle, it was pretty much dead on. Surprizing how easy it was to program four separate aileron channels into one. Unfortunately I can't get dual rates on all four channels. Top two wings I can do dual rates. But can't seem to get them to work on the other two channels. Oh well, not like this plane needs it. And while I am thinking about it, I made yet another change. I was going to go with the aluminum arms. But after measuring and double checking dimensions, the HD Hitec arms should be plenty strong enough. And also surprizing enough, there is as much meat left in these really thick arms after enlargening the holes for the ball links as the aluminum arms.

Although I'll probably never need nor use it, the throws are way more than sufficient. Then again, I may want to do some mean and wicked snaps and bullet speed rifle rollers. Lol

20170129_100151.jpg
20170129_095656.jpg
20170129_095750.jpg

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well dang, second wing took all of an hour to complete. We now have two flyable wings. Do I really need the top wings?
pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

20170129_212557.jpg

It's back to the weekly grind tomorrow. I hope to have enough "oomph" left when I get home. I would really like to get the two top wing control horns epoxied in and linkages set. We'll see how it goes.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Well dang, second wing took all of an hour to complete. We now have two flyable wings. Do I really need the top wings? View attachment 93226

View attachment 93227

It's back to the weekly grind tomorrow. I hope to have enough "oomph" left when I get home. I would really like to get the two top wing control horns epoxied in and linkages set. We'll see how it goes.

Dammit. Now I kinda want to try flying a bipe with only one wing just to see what happens.....
Anybody have a nice biplane I can borrow for a few days?