• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Interesting! Can you elaborate a bit? How do you trim off the excess? Always looking for cool tips like this!
Long story short. I cut the PP into 1/2" strips, using 1/4" masking tape I tape the PP to a line where I want the covering to terminate. I then tape another 1/2" strip of the PP over the tape giving me the first PP and tape to cover over. Once the covering is ironed down, using a fine point marker, I trace the first tape edge, remove all tape and PP, cut the covering on the marker line and iron it in place. This is much easier and quicker to do than explain.
Another little FYI. Painters plastic works better, it is flexible, and easier to see where it is going being it is clear. I prefer the PP for protecting the covering when using an iron without a sock, especially the trim iron on edges or narrow strips.

Last edited:

Alky6

150cc
Long story short. I cut the PP into 1/2" strips, using 1/4" masking tape I tape the PP to a line where I want the covering to terminate. I then tape another 1/2" strip of the PP over the tape giving me the first PP and tape to cover over. Once the covering is ironed down, using a fine point marker, I trace the first tape edge, remove all tape and PP, cut the covering on the marker line and iron it in place. This is much easier and quicker to do than explain.
Another little FYI. Painters plastic works better, it is flexible, and easier to see where it is going being it is clear. I prefer the PP for protecting the covering when using an iron without a sock, especially the trim iron on edges or narrow strips.

Thank you! That second piece of PP is genius! I will definitely be using this technique. :fist_pump:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

Huh! Never tried this before. But "I LIKE IT"! May have to give it a whirl. Thanks....:way_to_go:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Call it devoted, call it obsessed... call it "just want the dang thing done". I just had to see what it would look like with a little more detail added to the covering. Hence, 4 more photos. Hey, this is really getting exciting. I just gotta see this thing totally done. LOL

I added my own little addition to the rudder that is not on the full scale scheme. I think it looks pretty cool. I still have a lot of touch up with the edges, but just too tired to dig out my sealing iron with the little "shoe" on it. Will get to it tomorrow. I also plan to get the trim on the stabs and after a massive organizing and clean up project, (my living room looks like a hurricane hit it) I will probably attack the canopy/hatch and the wings.

What covering I have done is far from perfect. But for free hand, I guess I can live with it.

20161230_000443.jpg
20161230_000530.jpg
20161230_000618.jpg
20161230_000626.jpg

Thank you so much everyone for your kind and extremely appreciated comments. It means a lot to me. As for right now? I am so off to bed.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Are you up to your wazoo in white stuff??
Doc
In fact, we are! Not to mention 2 degrees on the thermometer. Have not seen above 11-15 for weeks. Except only when a new front comes in to dump more freaking snow. Then the Temps plummet once more. Definitely a deep freezer we're in right now. Guess it's the price we're paying for all those years after year mild shirt sleeve winters we've enjoyed for so many years. What ever the case, I'm so done with this crap. Bet ya'll 2 bits, I ain't doin' another winter here in Freeze-ville! Gonna find me a rich, red headed honey and force her to take me to Jamaica "mahn"! Lol.

Or I guess Arizona or SoCal or "Meh-he-co" would be jus' fine. Anywhere warm would work actually.

I can vouch for being a warm weather ****.

I recently moved from Amarillo. Not much snow most winters because it's too dry but crazy cold and windy as I'll get out. I was colder there than when I lived in Colorado.