• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
By the way Kevin or anyone actually...what length turnbuckles are most using for elevators and ailerons? I am sure I'll wait to order mine until the actual length can be measured. Just curious of the expected length.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I understand and fully agree with the "right" thrust. I am fully aware of that. However rough guess on "up" thrust is around 2 degrees or more. I will put my digital meter on it this evening for a more precise measurement. I was not aware of the need for so much "up" thrust on any plane.

Up/Down thrust just depends on where the engine is placed in relation to the centerline of the airplane... Or so I thought, I could just be talking out of my rear here... :laughing:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Up/Down thrust just depends on where the engine is placed in relation to the centerline of the airplane... Or so I thought, I could just be talking out of my rear here... :laughing:
Aren't you always? Bwaahaa haa haa :spongebob:

All kidding aside, I was very concerned I did something wrong. Like building the inner motor box upside down. I realize it would be quite impossible to do considering how "stupid" proof the main structure builds. But hey, this is me building it. Anything is possible with that in mind.
:lol2:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
All the pitts have 2 degrees up thrust in them. I verified both on the fuse we have here and the AutoCAD files to confirm.
6 Degrees "UP" thrust.

Fuse leveled.....

20161207_210416.jpg

Fuse "zero'd".....

20161207_210554.jpg

Firewall @ 6 degress "UP" thrust.

20161207_210850.jpg

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well it's good you found that out now :eek:

Seems like the easiest solution is going to either add an angled shim in place over the firewall or do some trickery with the structure...

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well it's good you found that out now :eek:

Seems like the easiest solution is going to either add an angled shim in place over the firewall or do some trickery with the structure...
While the "wedge" would be an option, I believe I am just going to use slightly longer standoffs in the top motor mounts. I should not need much extra length.