• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

JR Xport Duo

camss69

70cc twin V2
It's been a while since I've messed with mine, let me dig it out tonight and refresh my memory how I did it. Mine isn't installed in the plane yet. I went through and figured out how to re-assign all the ports and then set them all back to default.

ryan_m

100cc
I was always told that an xbux/sbus type system had to have servos that supported the technology as well as the rx in order to work. Can you use standard servos and still have it all work? It's one of the reasons I've never tried to use the technology...

camss69

70cc twin V2
The Xport Duo is like a big Xbus converter and allows you to run normal servos off the Xport Duo directly. It allows you to assign any servo to any port. It's also expandable so your can link two of them together and get 28 channels out of it.

If not using the Xport Duo you can buy converters if you don't have Xbus specific servos and run normal servos using Xbus. If you have Xbus servos you don't need the converters.

I don't know anything about Sbus so I can't help there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:

camss69

70cc twin V2
Ok, I'm using an XG11 so my screens might look slightly different but should be pretty close.

Go into your Xbus setup menu..

Scroll to where it says "ID Change" and click there until you see "Setting" appear next to it and then scroll over and click on "Setting".

Here you assign which servo is on which port of the Xport Duo.

So for my example I set ports 1 and 2 to be Left Ailerons 1 and 2. Simply scroll click and adjust, it's pretty simple.

Here's the catch.. When you have it the way you want it.. Scroll up and click on "Set-Data Init". Until you do that the settings won't be in the Xport Duo and the other servos won't move.. I *think maybe you haven't done the last step?

So there can be up to 4 servos assigned per channel on your radio. Each port on the Xport Duo can be any of those 4 servos off any channel of your radio.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 341
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 311
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 296

camss69

70cc twin V2
Ok so I've begun setting up my plane and very quickly I've come across something I don't like about Xbus. I'm using two servos for flaps and they are designated Flaps_01 and Flaps_02. Xbus lets me adjust center independently.. Lets say I adjust servo 02 from center. I save it and all is fine and dandy, unless I make a change... It's kind of like a matchbox... You hit ++++ or ---- to get to where you want to be but there's no indicator to tell you how far off center you are. This would be fine if you could reset the one servo... BUT YOU CAN'T!! You can un-assign and re-assign the servo but that screws up all the servos! I called Horizon and they said "yep that's the way it works".. They suggested counting how many times you clicked the button and writing it down.. Wow this is really frustrating.. I'm going to do a little more experimenting..