• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

JR Xport Duo

camss69

70cc twin V2
I'm going to be using the JR Xport Duo with the JR Infinity receiver and at least one channel (for the gear doors) using XBus. I may use XBus on the ailerons as well to free up another channel for bomb drops. I ordered the Xport Duo the first day it was available from JR Americas this past Thursday. The weight of the Infinity receiver and Xport Duo should be less than 3 oz. All the ports on the XPort Duo are configurable for any channel on your transmitter giving you freedom to wire it however you please. It also accepts two receiver XBus inputs if you choose to use two receivers. I'm looking forward to setting up and figuring out how to best use the new equipment.

http://www.jramericas.com/234565/JRPX03689/

camss69

70cc twin V2
The Xport Duo came in today, looks pretty nice, it's not much bigger than a power safe receiver. I'll mess with it later this week and figure out how it works. Doesn't look too difficult. Looks like you can set it up just about any way you please. You can also link two of them together and get 28 channels if you happen to have a 28x transmitter.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Bogan

New to GSN!
Yep. Been using them for 6 months now with the infinity receiver. By default the xbus channels are already set to the regular order. Just turn on xbus in your Tx. Plug in servos. Bingo.

camss69

70cc twin V2
I didn't know anybody was using them yet, I searched everywhere and couldn't find any setup info online. I couldn't even find the manual just some sales info. Maybe you can give me a head start...the manual doesn't go into any setup other than to tell you what the default settings are.

So what I'm wondering is how you change the port assignments from the default setting. So if I wanted to use ports 13 and 14 for ailerons I would use Aileron 1 and Aileron 2 on 13 and 14? Then basically it will prevent me from using Aileron 1 and 2 on any other port assignment? Even another Xbus device correct? I would still have Aileron 3-4 available to assign if I needed them somewhere else.

So I bought a 4 port Xbus converter cable that I want to plug into one of the Xbus out ports on the Xport Duo. I want to use it on Aux 3 and all 4 sub ID's 1-4. Do I need to assign the current port set for aux3-1 to something else to make 3-1 available for my 4port converter cable? Would I also have to do this for Port 2 to setup my two aileron servos on ports 13 and 14 as described above?

I'm sure it will all make sense once I get it power up and start messing with it. I plan on doing that tonight

Are you using it with a single or dual receivers. My original plan was for a single receiver setup but seeing how small and light the reciever is in considering adding the second receiver just for added redundancy with no real penalty in weight or complexity.

camss69

70cc twin V2
I'll answer my own questions in case anyone is wondering...

So what I'm wondering is how you change the port assignments from the default setting. So if I wanted to use ports 13 and 14 for ailerons I would use Aileron 1 and Aileron 2 on 13 and 14? Then basically it will prevent me from using Aileron 1 and 2 on any other port assignment? Even another Xbus device correct? I would still have Aileron 3-4 available to assign if I needed them somewhere else.

No you can assign any port to any channel and ID, you can have duplicates.

So I bought a 4 port Xbus converter cable that I want to plug into one of the Xbus out ports on the Xport Duo. I want to use it on Aux 3 and all 4 sub ID's 1-4. Do I need to assign the current port set for aux3-1 to something else to make 3-1 available for my 4port converter cable? Would I also have to do this for Port 2 to setup my two aileron servos on ports 13 and 14 as described above?

I don't need to assign the default aux3-1 to something else first. No to the second question as well.

I'm sure it will all make sense once I get it power up and start messing with it. I plan on doing that tonight

Took a little while to figure out but not bad..this link helps too

http://www.jramericas.com/pdf/xbus_component_guide_20140716.pdf

Bogan

New to GSN!
Gidday. Sorry haven't been on here for a while.
I'm running a pair of the infinity receivers. Each has three satellites. Two Rs and 1 telemetry. So that's 6 in total. I've got pretty long leads running from the duo to the satellites so they are all a long way aft in the turtle deck area. No range issues and my rollers are big and low !
I didn't mess about with the xbus settings. On the Tx I set it for a 4 aileron wing and just used the default ports.
I have had a problem with running some tech aero ibecs through the duo. One worked fine. One worked kinda random. It's to do with the pwm output from the duo / xbus. Problem solved by running the ibec through JRs xbus pwm converter lead. I believe at JR they have found this problem now and the new duos will come out with this sorted.
Hope that helps !

Donwoody

New to GSN!
I'm new to computer radios. I just bought a JR XG14 and xbus xb1-14drs with two infinity receivers. They are to go in a 107" Hanger 9 Extra 300. I've spent hours trying to get 4 aileron servos to work off one channel by going into the xbus menu on the transmitter, can anyone assist please?

camss69

70cc twin V2
I'm sure we can help get you going.. Probably the best place to start is this setup video... Have you seen this?

What servos are you running?

Donwoody

New to GSN!
Hi thanks for your prompt reply. Yes I watched this video but didn't help as this doesn't show the xbus xb1-14DRS. This box has 14 holes for servos. I have one aileron servo in hole 2, the others in holes 5,6&7. When I move the aileron only the servo in hole 2 moves. How do I get the other servos to work in parallel?. I tried using the instruction book which is only brief about the set up on pages 92&93 and by exploring the xbus menu on the transmitter but no success.