• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

JR Axis 3 axis gyro for airplanes

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
The new JR 3 axis gyro system for airplanes just came in. It's called Axis.

It has some really great features for all airplanes; jets, scale, aerobatic. This thing is really awesome.

This is a very flexible system to setup physically with several wiring options and many setup options for the gains, rate, and heading lock. If you notice in the picture, you see the JR XBus logo, and a Futaba SBus logo... On a JR box? Yup... It will work with both systems.

It also has a unique feature that is both heading lock and rate. For example, it can be in heading lock with the sticks at neutral, but as soon as you give input it can go into a rate mode.

In this thread I'll go through two setups:

- One will be a traditional setup in my electric 73" AJ aircraft Laser 230. I'll be using the gyro in between the receiver and the servos.

-The second will be in my 2.5m Tomahawk Futura Jet. This will be an XBus setup.

It is important to note that this will only work with Xbus or Sbus input. So, for JR you'll need to be running DMSS.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Here's some shots of the packaging and size. It's much smaller than I expected.

Attachments

• IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0470.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_0472.JPG
    IMG_0472.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_0473.JPG
    IMG_0473.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0474.JPG
    IMG_0474.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_0475.JPG
    IMG_0475.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_0476.JPG
    IMG_0476.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 322

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
Interested to see how it stacks up against the Cortex and iGyro. The Cortex is the first gyro I've flown that doesn't feel like you're flying something with a gyro

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Here's a link to the JR Americas site with all the information and Pricing: http://www.jramericas.com/234669/JRPX02560/

Here's a link to the JR Propo site with all the instructions:

http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/english/pro....php?hen=02560

Note: there are also software updates for the XG14 and XG11 to manage the Axis gyro, inflight gains, trims... setup.

Also there is a PC based software that can be downloaded to program the gyro if you prefer to setup. All of this is on the link to the JR Propo site I posted above.

I need to update my XG11 tonight, and load the software on my PC.