• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Joe Nall Week 2016, May 7-14

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well......I think I have found a "ride" with friends willing to shove me all the way in the back or in the trunk. I was told....
Hey Kelly,

If the trunk is too full, you can always get someone to strap you down on top of the hood. . . . . :spongebob:

I am still planning on going too, but my biggest problem is I will not know whether or not I will be able to go until a week or so before it begins. By that time there probably won't be an available hotel room within a hundred miles of the place. . . . :face-palm:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hey Kelly,

If the trunk is too full, you can always get someone to strap you down on top of the hood. . . . . :spongebob:

I am still planning on going too, but my biggest problem is I will not know whether or not I will be able to go until a week or so before it begins. By that time there probably won't be an available hotel room within a hundred miles of the place. . . . :face-palm:

In all honesty I plan on making a million :money_talks: every year but it just has not happened yet:(. And......."I don't know whyyy???"

Seriously......So many things going on or not going on in life that makes a trip like this " uncertain" for me. I would like to go for the reason alone of just meeting the GSN buddies here that do attend and watch some awesome planes fly. And that is all kinds of planes. And being completely honest...................Hobby dollars are real hard to come by and I would rather use them for some RC goodies :).

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just about to do all the planning to go to JoeNull again this year. But have just found out that Canadians can NOT fly there legally. Some Canadians have tryed to register, but you can not sign up if you are not a citizen of the US. Some have called to the FAA. and was told that it would be not be legal to fly in the US. Do not know how to get around this. If somebody has any info it would be appreciated.

Wacobipe

100cc
T
Just about to do all the planning to go to JoeNull again this year. But have just found out that Canadians can NOT fly there legally. Some Canadians have tryed to register, but you can not sign up if you are not a citizen of the US. Some have called to the FAA. and was told that it would be not be legal to fly in the US. Do not know how to get around this. If somebody has any info it would be appreciated.
That really sucks...one of the best features on Nall is the international participation...hope we get that figured out well before the event.

Spats

100cc

I would contact Scott at Triple Tree and ask him what to do. Nall has a huge international participation so there must be a way around this.

Well that really does not make any sense. I know for example the Horizon folks fly at every noon demo and alot of those guys are from Europe and points east. The German aerobatic team is there about every year. I would follow @Spats advice and contact TT staff.

Yup, registration complete! :mario-banana: :banana-dance::mario-banana:

Thanks for the heads up, Spats. :shake:

As for the lack of an AMA number because the pilot is from another country but yet they have certification, you might be able to just put your numbers in place of the AMA number and then call Scott Capps or Mike Gregory. They do refund if you can cancel more than 14 days before the event. If you feel safer, you can call before you register. Nall is a one of a kind that you really should try to attend at least once. I know Pat would be happy to see attendance is up. It sounds like new vendor area and the Education Center will be the new features this year. Enjoy folks!!!

Scott Capps 864-884-4761
scottc@tripletreeaerodrome.com

Mike Gregory 864-313-6572
mjoelgregory@gmail.com