• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Joe Nall 2016 = QUIET!!!

SleepyC

150cc
If anyone thinks Triple Tree posted these rules to deter people from attending Nall, you don't know Mr. Pat or any of the TT guys. Why would they spend YEARS constantly improving the grounds, spending time and money to make it better and better. The fee's they charge are VERY minimal for what you get and I'm sure go right back into the grounds and the salaries for the staff that keeps TT in shape all year.

Mr. Pat has for YEARS and YEARS and YEARS asked pilots to keep the noise down. 6am - 12am day in - day out for 10 days would drive any neighbors pretty batty, but add to that the BWWWAHAHABWBWBWWBBWBWBHAHAHAHAHA passes every 20 minutes and it becomes intolerable.

Mr. Hartness has gone WAY out of his way to support the hobby, help it grow and mostly share what could be his own personal paradise that he only let's his INVITED personal friends enjoy.The fact that he opens it up to everyone is amazing. The thought that a lot of people are taking such a negative stance on this is pretty amazing to me.

Reminds me of a guy I gave 3 old review planes to for FREE and he came back a few weeks later bitching at me for one of them having a bad servo.

I am SURE you do not have to have all the items stated to fly at JN next year. If you can fly with throttle management I'm sure you are fine. If you can't be sure you can control yourself, then please try one of the suggested remedies.

If you are seriously pissed off because you can't show everyone that you need special attention by ripping the crap out of your prop, then maybe you're not the right crowd to enjoy TT.

No intentional disrespect to anyone, but COME ON....

Last edited by a moderator:

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
I'm not saying there shouldn't be noise level restrictions and it would actually deter people from attending, but "could possibly"....only a very small number IMO, you know...the nonconformist's.

TT just needs to be careful in how they write it and not make the "98%" feel they are being punished for the actions of the "2%"

I think there should be noise level restrictions so all can enjoy the event, as I posted earlier...one event I attended had a guy constantly ripping the prop every single flight and it was really annoying!!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The TTA staff was interviewed today and they state that the only issue is the prop ripping, it's not noisy mufflers or the jets, it's the ripping of the props.

Not a big deal to throttle back and take it easy man- remember, we go to these events to have a good time, kick it back in a lawn chair and chill :cool: