• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Joe Nall 2016 = QUIET!!!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Eventually almost all of us will have to pay attention to sound. Even electrics can rip the prop and be very noisy.
There is no doubt about that. We have a guy at the field flying some mid engine pusher electric thing that rips the prop so bad it will make your ears bleed. All that while going at a speed that's about a fast walk. He of course thinks he has the perfect prop.:msn_slap:

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
There is no doubt about that. We have a guy at the field flying some mid engine pusher electric thing that rips the prop so bad it will make your ears bleed. All that while going at a speed that's about a fast walk. He of course thinks he has the perfect prop.:msn_slap:

It's not Bill is it? LMAO!!

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Maybe this is a means of reducing the attendance. I know most planes I see, hear, and deal with are fairly quiet, even the Pitts jugs. I don't see how many can be a high decimal reading unless taken right against the airframe. Same goes for props, speakng of, does this mean no more helis, especially 3D?

Sorry if this post is after lots of described discussion but this cheap comp I'm using is so slow it did not register more than the first page.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Maybe this is a means of reducing the attendance. I know most planes I see, hear, and deal with are fairly quiet, even the Pitts jugs. I don't see how many can be a high decimal reading unless taken right against the airframe. Same goes for props, speakng of, does this mean no more helis, especially 3D?

Sorry if this post is after lots of described discussion but this cheap comp I'm using is so slow it did not register more than the first page.

I think most people are flying electric heli's these days....they are much quieter than a ripping plane prop, even when going balls out 3D

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Just read the other pages and here is my take on this subject. First is if one can afford the aircraft, time off, transportation, etc. etc. to go to Nall they can sure as hades afford a quality quieting exhaust. As for myself, of which I plan to attend next year, can build my own pipe that is dead silent without restricting the engine. I don't have to worry about prop noise because I fly scale. But given these things with me bringing a model around 10K I could most certainly afford better pipes if needed and have to assume others could as well.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I think most people are flying electric heli's these days....they are much quieter than a ripping plane prop, even when going balls out 3D
The rotors on the helis at my field are quite loud and the heli events we have put on are the same, seriously loud and annoying.
I can only judge from what I have seen or should say heard.
I will leave this discussion with one last thought. As with any event there are rules, plan and prepare for following such rules or don't go. Rules are not a problem for those willing to follow them, it is those not willing that cause harm.

Last edited: