• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC practice tips for new pilots.

njswede

150cc
So I thought I should start with something really basic in the simulator: Straight line with a roll in the middle, half cuban 8, then back to the same line in opposite direction and rinse and repeat. Sounds easy, huh? Well, doing it with wings level, maintaining the same altitude and heading during the roll, keeping the wings level during the half cuban 8 and leveling out at the same altitude proved a lot more difficult than I thought. It's quite an eye opener when you dial it down to something super simple and just concentrate on making every move perfect.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Its quite a challenge indeed ! And it's also very very rewarding when you nail it too. Your doing the right thing, doing that simple line with one maneuver, good foundation to start with just build one figure at a time and dont give up.

IMAC FANATIC

So I thought I should start with something really basic in the simulator: Straight line with a roll in the middle, half cuban 8, then back to the same line in opposite direction and rinse and repeat. Sounds easy, huh? Well, doing it with wings level, maintaining the same altitude and heading during the roll, keeping the wings level during the half cuban 8 and leveling out at the same altitude proved a lot more difficult than I thought. It's quite an eye opener when you dial it down to something super simple and just concentrate on making every move perfect.
Did you find the imac/pattern field on knife edge software ? Another great field is the prado/chino download. Very realistic for view and runway.

IMAC FANATIC

Watch "IMAC Intro- 2014 Basic live, watch in HD (full ve…" on YouTube
IMAC Intro- 2014 Basic live, watch in HD (full ve…:

Not a bad video but.. a hammerhead is not a turn around manouver and he didnt call " out of the box" , which could zero your round or at mininum your last score. Other than that pretty informative.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Correct on the hammer, or stall turn....NOT a legal turn-around maneuver. I didn't get through the whole video, but there is NO requirement to call "out of the box" or "end of sequence", etc...ONLY at the beginning. It IS a good idea though and a courtesy to the judges. Also, THANK the judges before walking away from your flight station! :cheers:

IMAC FANATIC

Interesting, I was once, maybe twice judged to a zero on last figure for not calling it. Guess dude did deserve a back hand that I had prepared, joke, I wouldn't back hand, just a nice slap would be plenty.
Every contest here in California at the pilots meeting they always require you to call it in and out. If you dont call it, they keep scoring.
I need to start begining and ending mine with a wing rock to keep it sexy and unquestionable.

Last edited:

IMAC FANATIC

NEVER, make the CD walk the flight line or pits begging for scribes. Be available to scribe, its the best seat in the house and a great place to learn what the judges are looking for.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Make sure the back-hand is done with appropriate firmness :msn_slap:.
By the rules, the judging of each figure ends when the plane reaches level flight. I'd love to see the wing-rock as a rule....3 times to begin and 3 to end!!!