• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Ignition Switches

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
The perfect match for me was always the SmartFly Engine cut off and the Badger switch.
so you can have both mechanical switch like the Badger or one that can be controlled by the transmitter, the SmartFly.
You can split them, make them work together, very simple very easy nothing complex.

That is a nice setup, I like the Smartfly stuff.

I am really liking the simplicity of my Powersafe setup though. I am using the soft switch to kill Rx power and the Tech Aero IBEC to kill ignition. There is only one switch on the plane and it is the soft switch that fails "on". I have left the 2 2600 lipo packs plugged in for a week while monitoring the voltage every day and did not notice any drain on the packs at all. I do not normally leave them connected, just the one time checking for drain.