• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Ignition Switches

Is anybody using a lighted switch other than the MPI ones for ignition? I have seen/heard of a few failing recently so thought I would look around at options...if there are any I am not seeing them. Any Ideas?

I stopped using them this year. It is 1 less battery for maintaining and charging.

Different strokes for different folks.

Are you just looking for a switch with an indicator light on it to tell you that its on, or looking for a charge indicator style switch?

I stopped using them this year. It is 1 less battery for maintaining and charging.

Different strokes for different folks.

Are you just looking for a switch with an indicator light on it to tell you that its on, or looking for a charge indicator style switch?

Just a switch with indicator light...don't need the charge indicator. IBEC seems like a clean solution too though I like the redundancy of a separate battery circuit.

On my newer setups I don't use a switch at all. I use an arming plug designed for electric power models. Just insert plug to power up and pull it out to power down. Similar to this one:

Arming_Switch-220x220.jpg

Robotech

70cc twin V2
I don't use an ignition switch but I don't want to share/mix ignition power with RX power so I use a Smart-Fly optical ignition switch. Ignition is armed when the RX is powered and true optical isolation of the ignition components.