Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I want another bipe!

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by witchfingers, Jan 2, 2017.

1. witchfingers

witchfingers 70cc twin V2

I am getting the urge to get another bipe. I see the PAU Ultimate is really cheap....... How do those fly compared to say a Beast or Viking? Binge watching youtube videos of rc planes during my holiday week off of work is driving me nuts. Any advice? I am going to get something.

stangflyer likes this.
  2. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    I'm partial to the look of the Pitts Model 12, but don't own any of the ARFs . Surely someone here will have thoughts.

Beast
    Viking
    Mamba
    Checkmate

Watched a video of the Mamba yesterday...

stangflyer likes this.
  3. witchfingers

witchfingers 70cc twin V2

The mamba is definately sweet. They fly good with the Aura gyro.

4. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Stay away for the checkmate looks good but not a good flyer, my flying buddy had one I flew it several times if just fly around and make loops great plane touch the rudder and it gets crazy. It has so much coupling from rudder in all directions.

witchfingers likes this.
  5. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

I want another "BIG" bipe too. Maybe a 40ish%'er. But then anything with a round cowl would be awesome. LOL... LOVE my 260 a heap....But them darn round cowlers have got me hooked.

Jetpainter and WMcNabb like this.

6. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Soooo......have you decided yet? I find lately I'm having a hankering for another bipe too. Guess I should get the one I have completed and flown a few times before I decide I need another two winged plane.

HRRC Flyer and WMcNabb like this.
  7. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Hey Rob,
    I only have one word of advice for your round cowl fetish. . . . . . . VIKING ! ! ! ! ! :spongebob:

Actually, the real Viking is just the original Pitts Python, that was sold to the Swedish Aerobatic team and repainted. They also changed the rudder a little bit as well.

stangflyer and WMcNabb like this.
  8. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Cannot argue with the Viking recommendation. The Pitts Model 12 is a magnificent aircraft!

Speaking of round cowl biplanes, I found a neat thread the other day...Super Stearman.

http://www.waltsrchanger.com/html/pt-17.html

image.jpeg

9. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    I must admit that is one beautiful plane. And I have seen a few fly and they do fly nice I could live with one in my Hanger. But I would want a trailer big enough to put in in one piece.

stangflyer and WMcNabb like this.
  10. Whatever you decide on by all means get another bipe. That Stearman looks pretty tempting.
    Doc

stangflyer likes this.