Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I’m going out flying thread 2019

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by BalsaDust, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Been really enjoying my 105 AJ Laser lately.

69319496_10221271260197967_117317907863568384_o.jpg

Jetpainter, dhal22, WMcNabb and 2 others like this.
  2. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

I went flying yesterday. Unfortunately I believed the weather guessers when they said a 20% chance of spot showers. I packed up early when I saw the clouds of doom, but I got rained on most of my 35 minute trip home. The last ten minutes it was pouring so hard the wipers couldn't keep up. I had my 35% Extra 300X in the back of the truck, but before I left to come home I had taped the canopy seams on the front and rear, and also covered the pin flag switch hole and the Multiplex plug sockets. I got soaked unloading it from the truck, but the plane wasn't even wet inside thankfully. I still want to find the person responsible for the forecast and hit them with something heavy.

AKNick and Snoopy1 like this.
  3. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    A little choppy on the lake this evening. Had to time my landing with and between the waves. This photo is a little dramatic, but you get the idea. Burned through a few LiPos before it was getting too dark.

846267F7-8F38-4525-9634-DF419AA38545.jpeg

4. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

full span ailerons on umx flight test

5. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Well,

I FINALLY figured out why I was having a terrible time starting the DA-50 in my H9 Extra 260 yesterday afternoon, but I was too tired to fly it. So I went out again this morning to give it another go. Today was also the first time I have flown the plane with the new servos, and let me tell you. Going from 20+ year old Futaba analog servos to Futaba SBUS digital servos made the plane allot more responsive than I thought it would. . . . . :yesss:. I'm glad I didn't have a pilot in that plane or I would have made the old chap air sick. . . . . :laughing:. The first thing I did when I landed was cut all of my throws in half, but I didn't get a chance to fly it again. We'll give it another shot tomorrow and hopefully get it calmed down a little more. . . . . :big_yes:.

Snoopy1, dhal22, pawnshopmike and 2 others like this.
  6. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Had the field all to myself this morning.
    Finally have the Flex Cessna dialed in. Can’t believe how slow it flies!
    Put a 4S in the Commander and had an absolute blast with it!
    Even drug out an oldie, the E-flite Staggerwing. Flew very well also.

Attached Files:

7. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Sure feels good getting an update every now and then! Heck Analog to digital alone!!! ha ha!! I remember making the switch from 72mHz to 2.4gHz still, I was flying a Pheonix Strega with a 46AX in it all evening - fast plane... Got my new radio in, and made the switch that night, went flying the next day... at the speed it was going, I could actually feel the response time was better. Never forget it!

8. Camping with the family this weekend. There’s a nice farm field at the campsite so I brought along my 39” Crack Yak with lights. Got a few flights on it last night and a couple more this evening. Drunk campers sure are easy to impress. :D

9. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Well Fellas,

I Took the H9 Extra 260 back out today and had a blast. For some reason, I'm still having a little bit of an issue with starting the DA-50. I don't know why, but it seems like the engine floods immediately, even with the choke off. Have any of you fellas had any issues like that with a DA-50? Once the engine is running, it works flawlessly. It has way more than enough power for the plane and is very easy on fuel consumption. Before I flew the plane the first time, I did something I've only done with one other plane I have. I put expo on all of the flying surfaces. I ended up putting 30% on everything on low rates and 40% on high rates. The combination of smaller throws and the expo made the plane an absolute dream to fly, but still not quite as smooth as I think it should be.. After the first flight, I went in and reduced the ailerons and elevator a little bit more and now I can honestly say that the only problem with the way the plane flies is the person holding the transmitter.

With the 260 flying the way it is, I can consider it done. That means I can turn my focus back onto finishing my Yak. Also, since nobody knows what Dorian is going to do, the club is thinking about postponing the Scale Fly-In that is scheduled for this Saturday. This is kind of good news because it may give me the time to finish the Yak. Depending n the weather, hopefully I will be able to post some progress on my Yak thread one night this week. . . . . .:dancing-chicken:.

WMcNabb and pawnshopmike like this.
  10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Something is not right on your DA50 have several and they all start the same a couple of flips with the choke on until it fires choke off flip a few more times and it is running. Carburetor on idle all the time. There may be something with the flappers in your fuel pump side of the carburetor , that is what I would check first.

HRRC Flyer and pawnshopmike like this.