• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How did you get or come up with your user name?

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
SleepyC;19243 wrote: My name comes from my days as a DJ/Musician. In 1990/91 I was booked to play a big club in NYC on NYE. (Play = DJ with actual records... ya know the 12" round things?)

Anyways, I had produced a few records that were popular and selling well and was the reason why I was booked to DJ, BUT funny enough no one in NYC really knew what I looked liked. SO I was at the club had a few cocktails and was hanging out waiting to play. (My slot was at 4am.) at around 2am, I got a bit tired so I went to the DJ booth and sat on my record crate.

Next thing I know it's 7am, and some guy is telling me to get the heck out, party is over... VAMOOSE.

SO, basically I had missed my DJ slot. My friends that were with me thought it was hilarious, and made fun of me with all guns blazing. And so we started the trip back to Ohio. Well on the way, we passed a popular NYC mattress shop called "Sleepy's" that has a chubby bear as the mascot. And I was not UNCHUBBY then, so my one friend pointed at the bear and said "Dude that is you, you are the Sleepy's Mattress mascot" And so I started to be called "Sleepy". And I adopted this as my DJ name. BUT.. there was a Hip Hop DJ named SleepyE in town, so I had to distinguish my self so I became "DJ SleepyC" on all my future records...

So WAY BACK in like 2004 when the original FlyingCirkus was active, I logged on as my DJ name.. and it stuck.. and I'm stuck...

(Paul Harvy voice) And now you know the rest of the story!

And I thought "guess where I live" was a good story. ;)

2robinhood

70cc twin V2
My favorite hobby is whitetail deer hunting.

Many, many, many years ago when I started on E-Bay, I picked robinhood for a name.

It was already taken, so 2robinhood can into play.

I use the name for all my hunting forums also.

It not because I wear tights, even though I do. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

When I first joined an RC forum all I really did for a hobby was spend time on my boat, a 2006 Ski Supreme. So Supreme6 it was! I've wanted to change it many times after seeing some of the cool names that actually pertain to the hobby. Oh well.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

So I used to fly helicopters in the Army National Guard and we were called Aviators. On many of my early golf forums I started the play off of it with AV8TOR and some others used close names so I was living in Ohio back then so asked to be changed to Ohio AV8TOR

Alpha20

50cc
The call sign of the car I drove A LOT as a rookie police officer 15 years ago- same time as when I got into rc with a Kyosho Cessna 182C.

We'll, I hated the Alpha20; transports, drunkards, small engine etc. Since then I've worked K9, SWAT, investigating and a lot more. Kept the name. Kind of like it now.

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
Thanks, Sleepy. Next up @Flying_Skunks. Wait, maybe we don't want to hear about smelly flyers.

SlowHuck

Bling, bling for flying things.
After being out of the hobby for years, I was befriended by ColonelKlank at my old flying club's field (we had a common interest in CNC machining). He, in turn, introduced me to FlyinWoodButcher at Big Jerry's RC Airport (home of Frozen Toes IMAC Workshop and Butcherfest). Definitely a more entertaining scene than a bunch of FOGs flying circles. Being re-new to flying, my ride was a lovingly built (by me) Stevens Aero Stik. Bad assed giant-scale hucking all around me, I attempted to keep up with my lowly slow flyer and became their entertainment. One day when Klank was in touch with MadMax about changing our then-boring usernames on FG, I had to come up with something quick, so 'SlowHuck' became my handle.

The logo in my avatar is a whole 'nother story.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
LOL…..you’d think Capt. Roll would have something to do with flying maneuvers; rolls, rollers, etc., but actually has nothing to do with flying RC.

Back in another life I used to play LOTS of racquetball. The guys I played with gave me the name of Rollout as I tended to hit (probably skipped a lot more) a rollout on a regular basis.

In addition to racquetball, when on-line gaming became popular, I played quite a bit of Quake and Quake II and used Rollout as my Quake name. I became involved with a Quake clan; [PHAT], that played matches against other groups and our clan wanted to have a military rank in front of our names. However Captain Rollout seemed a bit awkward and long………hence Capt. Roll was born and I've used it for an on-line presence since the days of Quake and Wolfenstein.