• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How did you get or come up with your user name?

Mikeq

150cc
Phil Griffin;19431 wrote: You ever get to fire those cool howitzers ?

Howitzers? I guess that would be for those man-made snow avalanches. That would be pretty cool to watch.

Jedijody

50cc
My nickname is not of my imagination. It was bestowed upon me over 30 years ago by those that knew me well. Back in the day when no one had any money, I was the one who fixed anything and everything that was broken. Cars, dishwashers, pumps, washing machines, motors/engines of any kind, the house electrical service panel, didn’t matter, I fixed it.

There were many times I would be called to attend to something that was acting up. And on several occasions the mechanism, whatever it might have been, would straighten up and behave perfectly normal as soon as I arrived. Then it would remain working perfectly for as long as it was expected to. After a few instances of this my friends started to say that I had the ‘Force’.

Many then began to call me Jedi. The letters of the term having the similarities it does with my real name (Jody), it seems understandable. A few years later, having witnessed the above, my then future brother-in-law started putting Jedi and Jody together calling me Jedijody. That was almost 30 years ago and I guess it stuck. Aside from my close friends and family, I am known as Jedijody on almost a dozen forums of various interests.

jaybird

70cc twin V2
When I worked at the chemical plant before I started in the oilfield, my co-workers called me the Jedi. They said they have never seen somebody that could screw off as much as I did while running two extrusion lines, keeping them clean, and my paperwork in order. I took that as a compliment lol.

Oh yea, my username was given to me by an old flying buddy. The guy that got me into giant scale stuff. Clarence Keaton. I live in the town of Jay so he used to call me "Jaybird" whenever he would see me.

reyn3545

100cc
Like every self-respecting old school I/T person, everything in life comes in groups of 4 letters. My name goes back to when I got my first email address... probably back with AOL or something. REYN is the first 4 letters of my last name (just like the aluminum foil) and 3545 was the street address of where I lived back then... not that creative, but it's worked for the past 20 years or so.

wecoyote

70cc twin V2
I'm always designing ,tinkering with and building stuff. Many years ago some of my co-workers started calling me Wile E. Coyote. It stuck like glue and has been my nick ever since. So much that every time a family member would find a Wile E. Coyote in a store, they got it for me for my birthday or Christmas gift. Needless to say, I have a rather large Wile E. Coyote collection.

reyn3545

100cc
I have a buddy who's last name is Shreckengaust.. but he goes by the obvious first syllable. I bet he's gotten every Shreck doll and t-shirt known to man as a Christmas or birthday gift.

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
No magic with my username.

I just wanted everyone to know where I'm from when I was posting on RCO?

Anyone remember that?

There was another site I used to post to when I got my first Tandy 1000 with a meg of ram.

That was the bomb back then.

Can't remember the site though.

It was primitive, but served the purpose.