• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hot off the truck! DLE-61's are here!!!

clarkj

70cc twin V2
Hows everyones dle running? I bought a new 61 today because i got a deal on it. This is my first dle ive owned. Im a DA fan. Not bashing dle here so dont take it that way. Im just the type of person that when i get something and it works i stick with it. I have a freind that has had several dle engines and never had a problem so i thought i would try one. Not sure what ill put it in yet, ill have to buy a new airframe.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Hows everyones dle running? I bought a new 61 today because i got a deal on it. This is my first dle ive owned. Im a DA fan. Not bashing dle here so dont take it that way. Im just the type of person that when i get something and it works i stick with it. I have a freind that has had several dle engines and never had a problem so i thought i would try one. Not sure what ill put it in yet, ill have to buy a new airframe.
[MENTION=3514]bmclaurin[/MENTION]'s is running well. It was a little difficult to prime the first few starts. Barry did the reed block mod and it seems to have improved some. This motor also had a bowman ring replacement right out the gate as well. It is set up with a pro flow can and just sounds amazing. It is still very new with under a gallon of fuel through it but it seems reliable and the power is decent. It is currently running a 23x8 xoar here in Vegas. We hope to try a 24x8 on it after break-in.

clarkj

70cc twin V2
So should i do the reed block mod and put a bowman ring in right off? If i dont do it after i put it on im not taking it back off to do it

3dNater

So should i do the reed block mod and put a bowman ring in right off? If i dont do it after i put it on im not taking it back off to do it
I would. The total cost is less than $25 and maybe an hour of labor. The returns are worth it imo.

dr_boone

70cc twin V2
I don't think it needs the mods like the older dle's did. I have 2 120's and my buddy has a 120 and a 61 all run perfectly with no mods

3dNater

I don't think it needs the mods like the older dle's did. I have 2 120's and my buddy has a 120 and a 61 all run perfectly with no mods
I agree the motors are better than the older ones. My point is that you still see gains by doing the mods.

It is harder to link on my phone, but there is a thread on the dle 35 tips and mods in which, if you read it, you will see me making the same argument you are making about that motor. When I replaced the ring in my motor I got significant gains in performance.

The engine will run well out of the box, but the mods are still worth the small cost and effort because you can get significant gains so easily. I am really convinced it is worth it, so I will advise it every time.

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
So here I am with my original DLE61 over a year later. Still on stock ring, no reed mod, and more gallons and time than I could count if I wanted to... Only thing I've done was switch to the JTec standard Pitts muffler and actually picked up a few hundred RPM. With the Falcon 24x9 CF I'm turning an honest 6800rpm on the ground. It's been such a smooth running and reliable engine that i retrofitted my 91" Extreme Flight Yak that had a different 61cc engine on it. That engine put out great power but shook so much it would have been the early death of that plane...

Here's my DLE61 in action a few months ago:

[video=youtube_share;UZzl7FjMOiA]http://youtu.be/UZzl7FjMOiA[/video]

dr_boone

70cc twin V2
Supa Tim looks good ours run that good as well. What airplane is that in the vid? I like the graphics...