• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hot off the truck! DLE-61's are here!!!

dr_boone

70cc twin V2
I think vvrc misunderstood what I wanted she sold me a bolt kit. But the muffler aren't included. I was looking for something I can get today because we are leaving for the Rolla fly in tomorrow

AKfreak

150cc
Wow! VVRC SOLD you the motor but isn't supporting it? That sucks!

Try Trimcraftaviationrc like Snowdog recommended, and if they don't have them, try www.boltdepot.com, they've got plenty of m5 bolts and washers.

If I buy something expensive like a motor, I would hope that the place where I bought it would have access to spare parts even if they weren't a service center.

dr_boone

70cc twin V2
I am completely happy with valley view. I don't get where you think I'm not. I'm looking for a bolt today so I can fly this weekend and not one sent from Washington. VVRC has some of the best customer service I have had

gyro

GSN Contributor
I am completely happy with valley view. I don't get where you think I'm not. I'm looking for a bolt today so I can fly this weekend and not one sent from Washington. VVRC has some of the best customer service I have had

Oh, thought you weren't able to get spare parts from them? Isn't that what your first post said?

vegasking

70cc twin V2

Bring the right size regular socket head bolt to Rolla and I'll grind you one with my Dremal and daimond wheel blade.

dr_boone

70cc twin V2
Thanks Kelly. I have it back together with a regular bolt I think it will stay together. I'll bring spares just in case. See you Saturday morning

dr_boone

70cc twin V2
I got my bolts from valley view on Saturday. A regular 5mm worked fine for the day till I got the correct ones

Does anyone know where to get replacement muffler bolts? The taper under the head. I lost one on my 120 last night. Same as the 61.

I lost one of my muffler bolts on my 61 as well. I also called VV and they couldn't help me, but in their defense I tood the one remaining bolt to Fastenal and Petter Supply ( an Industrial fastener supply house) and neither one of them have ever seen a cap screw with a tapered head like that and they could not find one to match it either. I finally just used standard socket head cap screws and Nordlocks with Ultra Copper gasket maker, both as the gasket and on the bolt threads. Torque them down then run the engine up to temp and torque them again. I just flew like 4 flights without the cowl on and torqued the as soon as I landed each time. The muffler hasn't come loose on me again so far.

dr_boone

70cc twin V2
The muffler do come in the DLE bolt set and for the 120 it was 6 dollars. I spent more at the hardware store in bolts to get by on. The bolt set from valley view is worth it just to have spares in the toolbox

That's good to know. I only asked for the muffler bolts, not the entire bolt set. She may not have thought about it at the time. I will be ordering a bolt set just in case for he future.

Btw, I have been really pleased with VV'S service. Just because they didn't have (or know they had) the bolts I needed one time is not a deal breaker. At least they answer their phone and tried to help, unlike some other companies that shall remain unnamed.