• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hostetler Cessna 336 Skymaster

Bipeguy03

150cc
Sanding is a paint in the butt, especially full scale airplanes! But it will all be worth it in the end, nothing beats the first time you take a new model to the field and all the guys drool over it :)

Keep up the good work, it is looking fantastic!!

Patto

70cc twin V2
Sanding is a paint in the butt, especially full scale airplanes! But it will all be worth it in the end, nothing beats the first time you take a new model to the field and all the guys drool over it :)

Keep up the good work, it is looking fantastic!!

Thank you very much! Again, this is my first attempt at this type of a build. Never glassed before. Never had to do this type of finishing work. It's been a learning experience, and I've enjoyed almost all of it. Just not liking the sanding, but I'm working through it!

Patto

70cc twin V2
Spent some time sanding the other wing half and the one I already primed. I hate the way the primer shows so many imperfections! I've also been working on finishing glassing the remaining control surfaces and the struts/fairings. I bought a palm/random orbital sander and some papers for it from Harbor Freight. So far, it works great.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
@Bipeguy03 is right. There is just nothing like maiden day on an airplane you built yourself. It's a mixture of pride and nervousness. And if the maiden goes well, you just can't get the smile off your face. I maidened my scratch build that I've been working on for years, last Sunday. I think my face hurt from smiling.

Bipeguy03

150cc
If you need any body filler I use stuff from NAPA called Blue Icing. It's a polyester 2 part putty that dries in about 10 minutes and sands really, really easy. It's great for spot fixes, like small clusters of pin holes, chips, nicks and dings, low spots and so on.

I like to use it on top of things I've glassed, especially when making plugs for molds.

Patto

70cc twin V2
If you need any body filler I use stuff from NAPA called Blue Icing. It's a polyester 2 part putty that dries in about 10 minutes and sands really, really easy. It's great for spot fixes, like small clusters of pin holes, chips, nicks and dings, low spots and so on.

I like to use it on top of things I've glassed, especially when making plugs for molds.

Thank you! I've wondered what other folks use for a filler! I've been using light weight spackle. I will pick up some of the Blue Icing filler from Napa. I'm all about trying new products and finding what works best for me.

Patto

70cc twin V2
@Bipeguy03 is right. There is just nothing like maiden day on an airplane you built yourself. It's a mixture of pride and nervousness. And if the maiden goes well, you just can't get the smile off your face. I maidened my scratch build that I've been working on for years, last Sunday. I think my face hurt from smiling.

I know. I am going to be a nervous wreck, but I can't wait!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Thank you! I've wondered what other folks use for a filler! I've been using light weight spackle. I will pick up some of the Blue Icing filler from Napa. I'm all about trying new products and finding what works best for me.
Something like spackle or drywall joint compound are great for the bare wood stages, but the 2 part polyester glaze like Blue Icing or Dolphin Glaze work great after it's been glassed, or on a fiberglass part.

Patto

70cc twin V2
Things are getting serious.

Attachments

• IMG_20170710_195349257.jpg
    IMG_20170710_195349257.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 271

mlgclg

New to GSN!
Looking good. I finally got the center section on mine all glued as one piece and just waiting on the cowls, top scoop, and windshield by the end of this week hopefully to be able to get the rest of the center part sheeted

Attachments

• 0623171040a.jpg
    0623171040a.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 319