Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hempel 38% Decathlon

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale ARF Build Threads' started by Len, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Typically between around 45lbs +- if I remember right. We don't weight planes much, I think we just don't want to know, lol

2. jymster

jymster New to GSN!

Hi Len, we are currently setting up a Hempel 38% Decathlon and we have chosen the DA150 for power. I wonder if you could please tell me what size canisters and headers you have used?

Cheers,

James.

3. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

This thread went dormant over 2 years ago...........

4. jymster

jymster New to GSN!

Thanks dhal22, though I had hoped someone would still receive notification that a message had been posted, which it looks like you have. I presume Len would also get notification?

5. According to Len's profile, he hasn't been on GSN since August of 2015. You could try and send him a PM.

6. jymster

jymster New to GSN!

Ok, thanks. Will do.

7. Gianni

Gianni New to GSN!

8. Gianni

Gianni New to GSN!

Hi everybody, hi Len
    I just regisered in , from Italy. I just happened to read about cannister tunnel length,so I thought i'd write something regarding my BH 38% Super Decathlon. I did the same mod a you did for my DA150 with KS cans and home made headers, I will post some pics maybe tomorrow, the other thing I am about to get done is the landing gear mod, A friend of mine has a machine shop and is about to mill down and cut from a piece of 6082 T6 aluminum a new gear that as you said , the supplied is very weak, I was just wondering how did yours work out? Isn't too rigid , I mean so wide and appears to be thicker also.
    I designed mine to be only 5mm wider and 6.6 mm thick ...do you think it won't make much difference.
    I will appreciate any advice... I got 7 inch wheels also so it will look awesome.
    thank you all, hope to read something about this or anything about this plane which is something special , (I've already told Bill about this)
    Gianni