• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help With Motor Timing and Poor Throttle Response (Gecko 120HV)

AKfreak

150cc
I kept my 120HV in the hopes they can resolve the problem. Nothing like free Watts, and the price point is insane. I just know firmware will get it done.

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
Five hours of flights on my Velox today. Switched to 19X8 prop today and no more heat issues :) Awesome little plane

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
Yep Xoar electric wood props here is a video with the new prop. I just need to get over some fears and let her do her thing.[video=youtube;IyTE_t-r0uI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyTE_t-r0uI[/video]

Tim H.

50cc
I do hope soon! I would really like to see these ESC's reach their full potential. Cool vid Mike!

I just made a new series connector from 10 gauge wire for my 150 amp Gecko. Hopefully it will allow the magic electrons to flow more freely...

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
I do hope soon! I would really like to see these ESC's reach their full potential. Cool vid Mike!

I just made a new series connector from 10 gauge wire for my 150 amp Gecko. Hopefully it will allow the magic electrons to flow more freely...
The electrons flow quite nicely, it's just they need a sec to do so. ;)

I flew the Hobbywing around at Nall and it solved all the issues. Too bad the airframe I put it in did not work super well. This power system will find a new home in a EF or AJ airplane this summer.

Tim H.

50cc
The electrons flow quite nicely, it's just they need a sec to do so. ;)

I wasn't getting the top end I expected. It was good and it flew well, but the amps were a little less than they should have been. I'm thinking 10 gauge will help the top end.