• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help With Motor Timing and Poor Throttle Response (Gecko 120HV)

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Saturday afternoon had me landing just because my eyes were sweaty. It was nice and warm for sure ;)

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
Today it was 90 and I flew, just got home. It was warm but my car has a temp gauge electronic one and it didnt say over 90 til today, it said 92. It said 80 something but I cant remember

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I should have brought my IR thermometer. It would have been good to know just how hot it gets. Also, the temp will tend to climb a bit after the flight ends before it cools back off.

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
Til about 230...3 then the wind kicked up so I left. Stopped at the Lehi field on my way back. Jesky and a few others were there. The wind was to much when I got there so we just bullshitted for a while then I went home.

AKfreak

150cc
Would shortening the wires help with the heat and the power load?

If your wires were so long they created line loss (resistance) it could cause things to heat up faster as the voltage drops in the pack, especially if you try to push the motor hard. You see as voltage drops, current increases. As current increases so does heat. Compound the problem with line loss, things could heat up quicker, and be hotter.

It's all a balancing act, and setting up the circuit for the best efficiencies helps to reduce power loss, wear & tear due to heat.