• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help With Motor Timing and Poor Throttle Response (Gecko 120HV)

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
The update fixed my problem which was the same as yours. Also you might want to read up on the Castle because they have there own issues as well. To bad really like CC stuff, run it on my helis.

d2tw4all

New to GSN!
The update fixed my problem which was the same as yours. Also you might want to read up on the Castle because they have there own issues as well. To bad really like CC stuff, run it on my helis.

Do you have the gecko 120a opto? Do you have the firmware file?

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Couldn't tell ya bud. The bec is built into my Gecko...Yours is not. I would do as suggested and get a hold of guys at Altitude Hobbies and ask them. Garret Hiltgren is who helped me out with mine. Awesome dude.

d2tw4all

New to GSN!
Couldn't tell ya bud. The bec is built into my Gecko...Yours is not. I would do as suggested and get a hold of guys at Altitude Hobbies and ask them. Garret Hiltgren is who helped me out with mine. Awesome dude.

Ya man I already emailed him, guess I'll have to wait. Hopefully the update does the trick...

d2tw4all

New to GSN!
Looking good...

I think you'll be good to go bro. :thumbup:

I got in touch with Garrett finally, and he sent me some firmware update files. One was an older one and one was marked new. He said to try to original first. FYI the files for the non sbec OPTO ESC's are in fact different than the SBEC ones. I flashed it with the old/original file first, and from what I can tell it is now behaving correctly. I'll have to test it out to be sure, but looks good... I'll post again once fully verified!

Tom