• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

HeadsUpRC FirePower 46 Sport

wedoitall

I have a brand new a30 12xl I may part with in a another week or 3. or anytime after that. not in any hurry to sell so if you needed it later than a couple of weeks, I should still have it.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Keep posting about this motor... I'm considering it as a replacement for my hacker A30 12XL on my 51 slick. I would love a motrofly but don't have motrofly cash. My hacker is still functioning for now, but I know it will need to be replaced soon. I am particularly interested in longevity and if there is any way for you to get an actual temp reading on the motor after a flight that would be good too.

Nate, I had one in my 51 Slick, and my in flight temp readings were about 40F over ambient air temps, and I'm a relatively aggressive on throttle.

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
I've got one on my 51" AJ Slick and it runs pretty cool, even operating considerably 'over amped' when turning a Xoar 15x7. I have the temp probe from my DX8 telemetry attached to the rear of the housing and it never gets too hot.

njswede

150cc
I have one and it runs very cool. Haven't measured, but my guess is somewhere around 120F. Lots of power, although maybe not as insane as the Motrolfly 3615, but considering the price, its not bad at all.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Thanks guys... are any of you really huckin the plane? I am wondering how it would hold up to nasty tumbles over time. I think those are what keep killing my motors and I don't plan on stopping ;)

I'm not really interested in another hacker. I have been a little underwhelmed by both of the hackers I have had.

Right now it sounds like I should just save shekels for a motrofly.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks guys... are any of you really huckin the plane? I am wondering how it would hold up to nasty tumbles over time. I think those are what keep killing my motors and I don't plan on stopping ;)

I'm not really interested in another hacker. I have been a little underwhelmed by both of the hackers I have had.

Right now it sounds like I should just save shekels for a motrofly.

Motrofly motors are awesome, and the Hackers aren't bad either. You just seem to abuse the crap out of your motors! :D

With the Motrolfly, you know what you're getting, and it has an amazing reputation. The FP46 is nice too, and has a beefy 8mm shaft. However, you'll have to keep an eye on the bearings, as you should in a Motrofly as well... as those will be the first points of failure on this motor, IMHO.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I'm tempted to get something like this and just get ceramic boca bearings from the start.