• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

*** Guerrilla Squad A T X ***

Sorry you won't be there Chad :(

Me too :( If I could somehow possible make it out, I'd be coming down Sunday morning. I'll be throwing down at home at least :) .

Just curious, what are y'all's opinions on whether to go gas or electric for a 30CC? Also, 72" Extra or 74" Edge? I was hoping to fly both at the event :(

gyro

GSN Contributor
Me too :( If I could somehow possible make it out, I'd be coming down Sunday morning. I'll be throwing down at home at least :) .

Just curious, what are y'all's opinions on whether to go gas or electric for a 30CC? Also, 72" Extra or 74" Edge? I was hoping to fly both at the event :(

Chad, I've seen you float this question a lot for the last few months. I think the best answer is to go with what you can afford in terms of gas vs. electric. If you already have suitable batteries, then electric may be a pinch cheaper... if not, gas is definitely cheaper.

Also, if you happen to be in San Antonio in the near future, I should have my 72 Extra (gas) up and running in a few weeks, and provided I don't sell my 74" Edge (electric) at Octoberfest, I'd be happy to let you fly them both.

-G

Thanks! I'm sure ill take you up on that. I decided that I'm going to go gas with the GT33, and I'm stuck between airframes though.

Lonelasso

70cc twin V2
Sons of Guns Episode

Guys,
I happened to see an episode of Sons of Guns that featured one of our SEAL elite snipers, Chris Kyle !! One of OuR true American heroes ! He's founded an organization called Craft International and I thought it might be of interest to y'aLL :D :D

Craft International If you would enjoy finding our more about him, I would urge you to purchase his book, American Sniper ! :thumbup:

Lonelasso

70cc twin V2
Post Surgery uPdate !

A quickie uPdate.....yesterday, I was able to move aLL mY phalanges !!! 'Course, the hand is still tightly wrapped and the fingers begin to hurt if I wiggle 'em tOO mucho :grumpy: BuTT, I'm encouraged and feeL confident that the burning/stinging/pain that had progressed to near unbearable limits....wiLL magicaLLy, get gone sOOn !! :thumbup: :grrreat:

Today, I'm @ home, relaxing for a couple of hours with a very gooder book, "Lone Survivor" !!!

side note: If you happen to be right handed, try and shave with your left hand sumtime !! Or, try one of the most challenging things I've had to learn, the use of.....dare I say iT ? Paper that belongs near the toilet ! :veryshocked: :p

IMG_20121006_124756.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveT.

100cc
A quickie uPdate.....yesterday, I was able to move aLL mY phalanges !!! 'Course, the hand is still tightly wrapped and the fingers begin to hurt if I wiggle 'em tOO mucho :grumpy: BuTT, I'm encouraged and feeL confident that the burning/stinging/pain that had progressed to near unbearable limits....wiLL magicaLLy, get gone sOOn !! :thumbup: :grrreat:

Today, I'm @ home, relaxing for a couple of hours with a very gooder book, "Lone Survivor" !!!

side note: If you happen to be right handed, try and shave with your left hand sumtime !! Or, try one of the most challenging things I've had to learn, the use of.....dare I say iT ? Paper that belongs near the toilet ! :veryshocked: :p

View attachment 1824

Just think if you had, had both hands done!! You better have a VERY loving wife!!

Anyway...glad to hear all is going well!!! :D :D

SteveT