• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GSN GIVE-A-WAY Hangar 9 35% Extra 300X Assembly

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Last night finished up a couple of small things and then put the airplane back on the balancer for a final sanity check. Getting it back on the EZ-Balancer in a small enclosed space by myself without breaking things was no small task, but it worked out fine, though I did somehow work up a good sweat working in my air conditioned basement.
The good news is all of my calculations (read that as lucky but somewhat educated guesses) were correct and it balanced right on the mark.

20170721_222842_resized.jpg

With the forecast for today as high as 106 depending on who you listen to I'm going to take the airplane up to my shop again where I can assemble it in the air conditioning and do the final flight mode travel adjustments, fuel it, and test run it without vapor locking from the heat, that's me not the airplane. Once it runs I'll get in in the heat and tune on it if need be.

According to the people that do a lousy job predicting Mother Nature's moods, tomorrow morning should be pretty good for a maiden. It's only going to be 95 tomorrow, but there saying a chance of very early morning rain and then again in the evening, but from about 9am on it should be good other than the heat and humidity.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Looking forward to really great news. I have a feeling down inside that you won't like it, cuz it just don't fly right. In which case, ain't no thing. Ya just box it up in a crate and ship it on out here to me. I will learn it some manners and when it has learnt them well, I will have ya come and git it.
hearty-laugh.gif

But on the serious side, I am thinking you will have a great time with her. Now quit yer stalling and dilly dally'in. Git er done....
happy-wink-smiley-emoticon.gif

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking forward to really great news. I have a feeling down inside that you won't like it, cuz it just don't fly right. In which case, ain't no thing. Ya just box it up in a crate and ship it on out here to me. I will learn it some manners and when it has learnt them well, I will have ya come and git it.
View attachment 97686

But on the serious side, I am thinking you will have a great time with her. Now quit yer stalling and dilly dally'in. Git er done....
View attachment 97687
It's done and ready to go and tomorrow is the day. I may melt while I'm there, but I'm hoping to get a few flights in before it gets unbearable. It was still 103 at 6:10 tonight and they say it made 108 across the river in St. Louis. Tomorrow it's only supposed to be 97, I may need a sweatshirt.:big-grin:

There is a backup plan if it flies like crap. My buddy Tony wants to buy a new Krill Ultimate and put all my gear in it.;)

I test ran the DA120 it today, it ran awesome.

20170722_152259_resized.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It's done and ready to go and tomorrow is the day. I may melt while I'm there, but I'm hoping to get a few flights in before it gets unbearable. It was still 103 at 6:10 tonight and they say it made 108 across the river in St. Louis. Tomorrow it's only supposed to be 97, I may need a sweatshirt.:big-grin:

There is a backup plan if it flies like crap. My buddy Tony wants to buy a new Krill Ultimate and put all my gear in it.;)

View attachment 97705
Sure is sexy pretty.
happy-nodding-smiley-face-emoticon.gif

Luchnia

70cc twin V2

View attachment 97705
Good job on getting this plane together and posting all the information that you have posted for the rest of us. That alone is a lot of work. The information you have given has been extremely valuable.

With all the problems you had with the plane, I am sure you were close to throwing in the towel a number of times. I am sure I would have plowed through as well, but sometimes you wonder if it was best to crate it up and ship it them and tell them to keep it!

Glad to see you are finally there with it and it does look super fantastic. I hope it flies good too. No doubt the DA will do the job. I agree you better go fly it while you have the cold snap. Don't forget to put on layers for the cold :D

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I know it was long aggravating journey, but I must say it does look good and with all work you have done to it and the quality of components in the plane it will be just fine, just get the first flight over make few small changes and you will realize that it will grow on you and before you know it you will be enjoying the plane.