• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Group Build, 20cc Profile ARF, Who's In?

BalsaDust

image.jpg

Did somebody say profiles. I like profiles. Unfortunately I can't participate though as I already have two 20cc profile kits waiting to be built and I need to save up to get either a DLE20 or a VVRC20 to put on the nose of it. I will follow along though and watch with great interest.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Maybe we'll build the ARF this time, let it run its course and have the thread for anyone that wants to follow along later. Then when everyone's ready we'll pick a good 20cc KIT profile plane and we'll do an actual stick and glue Group Build and swap our stuff into it when we're all done.

Thanks for the discount offer @Decal Dennis !! do we need a coupon code to get the discount?

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Anyone thinking about doing this to give a first Gasser a try? Anyone thinking about going electric? I'm actually thinking I might go electric because I'd be able to fly it more at the field that is much closer to my house.

Anyone have a suggestion for a motor/esc/battery combination?

BalsaDust

If we do a stick build and it's a profile build may I suggest one of these two kits.
The slide58 is a bit cheap but I have heard nothing but good things about the EE60 and I have flown the 50cc version that @kwj48 built and owns. Absolute amazing plane in the air.

These are a few other great kits out there but they are only available when the kit cutters do a kit run.

http://www.wrongwayrc.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=68&product_id=72

http://www.wrongwayrc.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=68&product_id=69

pawnshopmike

Staff member

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
thanks for that Mike. My only problem with making it electric is that that power system doesn't use batteries that I already have so I'd have to pony up for four or five 5S packs to make a trip to the field worth it.

i might have a similar sized motor and ESC in the shop, I'll have to look later today

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I will watch but way to many projects ongoing.
sounds good, would like to see some of the new guys/gals jump in and give it a try

i might just go ahead and get the project going and leave it here for others to join whenever they're ready. not sure about gas or electric though.