• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gp-61

Ok I now have about two gallon threw my gp 61, all the starts in the yard where fine, first flights where put on it Wed night and the plane hand started fine, but while flying my bell crank broke and I had to rerig it that night, and while doing that I found a small hole in the fuel line and also had to change the line, well i get to the field today, and I cannot get the plane to hand start, the only way i could get it to start was to use a starter, I even went as far as taking the cowl off and adjusting the carb settings back to factory,, got here running fine without the cowl on. So i put the cowl back on flipped it, it poped and then,, it was like it lost its prime, and from there on out all i could do to get it to start was use a starter, when it starts it transittions fine and runs great,, anyone got any ideas

KoleDeRacer

1000cc
GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Take the carb out and check the screen also take the needle out and blow the carb out then set the needles again.

thats gona suck removing the engine
[MENTION=2452]Limitless Aero[/MENTION] are you going to the texarkanna event next week

Last edited by a moderator:

windshear

New to GSN!
How is the vibration? A guy at our field had one on a 3DHS yak 55M. He said it was vibrating so bad the plane was coming apart SFGS, spinner bolt etc. Vess 23B.

gyro

GSN Contributor
How is the vibration? A guy at our field had one on a 3DHS yak 55M. He said it was vibrating so bad the plane was coming apart SFGS, spinner bolt etc. Vess 23B.

sounds like that Vess might need a balance ring, and/or he might want to check his engine bolts for a loose one :)

@ limitless Aero
Why would you think it would be the carb Screen, when the problem happens when the cowl is put on, just wondering, the only thing i have done different since the Flights at the Sod farm, was change the fuel line and had to route it a little different, where before hand it. came out of the tank looped it around the tank once and then threw bottom of motor box to go around a servo, and then to the carb, that was the last line set up the new line set up goes out of the tank over top of the throttle servo, along the left side of the motor box and to the carb basicly a striaght shot to the carb besides one small turn,,, I also checked the choke and it is going full choke,, i did also notice today that when it was choked and you started it with the starter, it would just start and run with the choke on, it wouldnt just pop

gyro

GSN Contributor
@ limitless Aero
Why would you think it would be the carb Screen, when the problem happens when the cowl is put on, just wondering, the only thing i have done different since the Flights at the Sod farm, was change the fuel line and had to route it a little different, where before hand it. came out of the tank looped it around the tank once and then threw bottom of motor box to go around a servo, and then to the carb, that was the last line set up the new line set up goes out of the tank over top of the throttle servo, along the left side of the motor box and to the carb basicly a striaght shot to the carb besides one small turn,,, I also checked the choke and it is going full choke,, i did also notice today that when it was choked and you started it with the starter, it would just start and run with the choke on, it wouldnt just pop

choke isn't choking :)

might want to make sure your choke linkage is right, and that it's closing completely.