• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gp-61

Do not have much time on my xion props. The 24x9 seemed nice. 24x10 bogged the motor it was on down, but it was brand new. If you are after noise reduction the Mejzliks tend to be better than the Falcons. 24x10TH will not disappoint. The only CF props I have been disappointed with are PT gas, but to be fair I have only tried them in oddball sizes.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm not having good luck with the piston retainer clip on my two GP61's. Just had my SECOND engine crap itself in flight. Both times I had the exact same part failing in flight... Both times in the same way: fouling the cylinder, piston, and ring.

This time:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417313345.274425.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417313356.312359.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417313371.453264.jpg

Waiting to hear back from Kole as I bought it from him. He took care of it last time, as It's under warranty of course, and surely he'll warranty this engine too... but I'm still frustrated with my luck. :(

3dbandit

100cc
I'm not having good luck with the piston retainer clip on my two GP61's. Just had my SECOND engine crap itself in flight. Both times I had the exact same part failing in flight... Both times in the same way: fouling the cylinder, piston, and ring.

This time:
View attachment 31558View attachment 31559View attachment 31560

Waiting to hear back from Kole as I bought it from him. He took care of it last time, as It's under warranty of course, and surely he'll warranty this engine too... but I'm still frustrated with my luck. :(

Jeez Gary, what did these poor engines do to you to deserve your luck.... LOL

Are you running snake oil or something???

gyro

GSN Contributor
VP 50:1 premix.

Not exactly snake oil ;)

Just bad luck I suppose. Hope Kole can't get me fixed soon.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G

This time:
View attachment 31558View attachment 31559View attachment 31560

First time I've seen the inside of a GP 61.....the cir clip design isn't good for that displacement size. Needs the con rod, piston and cir clip redesigned IMO

gyro

GSN Contributor
First time I've seen the inside of a GP 61.....the cir clip design isn't good for that displacement size. Needs the con rod, piston and cir clip redesigned IMO

Just heard back from Kole [MENTION=2452]Limitless Aero[/MENTION].

He's sending me a replacement cylinder, piston, ring, gasket, and redesigned clips. It's all shipping tomorrow. Awesome service as usual... And with the redesign, it shouldn't happen again.

Thanks Kole :)