• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gp-61

KoleDeRacer

1000cc
GSN Sponsor Tier 1
You could flip it. not sure why you would really want to, much harder to lay under a plane and see it. also puts the throttle on the top.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Found the reason for my deadstick the other day...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405349040.911021.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405349049.711611.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405349060.555246.jpg

Really bummed as this was a perfectly broken in and running engine

Already have the spare parts thanks to [MENTION=2452]Limitless Aero[/MENTION], so I should have it ready to run this weekend.

gyro

GSN Contributor
It's either a foreign object that entered the motor, or a piece of a failed piston clip, I'll know more this evening when I can look closer.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well, as sad as I am to say it, I'm going to call this one an internal failure.

Complete piston clip on right side:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405380968.423421.jpg

Failed piston clip on left side:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405380992.224357.jpg

As you can see, a small portion of the piston clip broke off and caused the damage inside that made the engine seize in flight.

Kole at [MENTION=2452]Limitless Aero[/MENTION] covered a new cylinder, piston & ring under the engine warranty... So I've got no complaints about the service, and I've already got my parts!
Can't do any better than Kole for service :D

I'm mostly bummed as this engine was my first GP, and I broke it in carefully and it had rewarded me with amazing power and reliability up to this point. I'm sure once I get the replacement parts installed and broken in, I'll have the same amazing performance again.

KoleDeRacer

1000cc
GSN Sponsor Tier 1
It happened to one other 61 in Canada as far as I know. So not a common failure, but we actually redesigned the clip to make sure it can't happen because the machine bent it a little wrong or something.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Im really happy to see how proactive you guys are Kole. Nicely done! Lots of companies would just accept that failure rate rather than re-design. Its nice to see a vendor that realizes that the cost of quality is worth paying!

In my cost accounting classes they stress that once parts go into production you can only have maybe a 10% impact on the product. Fixing the design is always the right move!

SnowDog

+100 Nicely done Kole (and Fergus)...you guys are setting the quality and customer service standard higher than ever!

Getting excited about installing my GP-61 into an 89" Extra and firing it up for the first time soon!